Reporting to the Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships and working in close collaboration with the Senior Director, Executive Director, and Program team, the Development Coordinator supports the Development team in all areas of fundraising activities, special events, and business/administrative processes. He/she oversees entering and maintaining accurate data within the NetForum database and provides support in the creation of both standardized and ad hoc reports. The Development Coordinator executes all fulfillment reports for sponsors and other donors, assists in creating e-blasts, as well as managing website content related to the Development team. He/she serves as the point person for planning and executing the logistics for all Development sponsored events, meetings, work groups, Board meetings, and more.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the administrative and logistical activities required for the Beauty of Giving Luncheon, Board meetings and other fundraising events (e.g., invitations, agendas, material distribution, social media, signage, and photography.)
- Manage all acknowledgement activities for various campaigns, including all donor acknowledgments, invoices, and receipts.
- Prepare all Fulfillment Reports for sponsors and other donors, customizing the reports to meet their unique data and content requirements.
- Enter all online donations into NetForum, generates reports, as requested, and reconciles entries with the Finance department as appropriate.
- Support the execution of the annual donor communications calendar
- Create original content on website, as directed, and updates information, such as events, board members, etc.
- Coordinate specific fundraising streams such as cause marketing, Beauty Editor Closet sales, as assigned.
- Assist with the fulfilment of benefits for corporate partners and sponsors to ensure that all commitments and deliverables have been met.
- Coordinate Cancer and Careers’ Young Professional Committee and its associated fundraising activities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This role is based in New York City and requires periodic travel as well as occasional evening/weekend hours. No relocation expenses will be provided. Cancer and Careers offers a competitive salary and benefits program, including access to health insurance, paid time off, 401k and a bonus opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field
- 1-2 years internship/office experience requested (non-profit preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience working with a fundraising/ constituent database system, a plus
- Solid administrative and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Detail/deadline oriented
- Self-starter who enjoys handling multiple projects
- Demonstrate flexibility in conducting work assignments based on new information, revised requirements, unanticipated conflicts, and/or new deadlines
- Ability to thrive in small, fast-paced and friendly office environment, including active participation in the development team and organization-wide affairs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to lift and/or move boxes/materials up to 10 lbs. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, and able to climb steps, balance, kneel, crouch or crawl to complete his/her duties. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with disabilities to perform his/her essential job duties.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please send resume plus a targeted cover letter detailing your interest in the role and Cancer and Careers as well as your salary expectations, with "Development Coordinator Search" in the subject of the email to email@example.com.
Submissions made either with a generic cover letter or without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls.