Children's Council of San Francisco
445 Church Street
About Children’s Council
For over 40 years, Children's Council has been the central hub for San Francisco's child care community. Our mission is to connect families to child care that meets their needs and to work with parents, providers and community partners to make quality child care and early education a reality for all children in our city. Our team is committed to empowering parents with the information they need to make good decisions regarding child care. We also train and equip early educators with the expert resources they need to be better at what they do and simultaneously improve the quality of child care available in our city. We believe all children must have high quality care and early education because their long-term success depends on it. If you want to be a child care champion in our community, we want you on our team.
About this Position
The Quality Consultant is liaison between childcare providers and this organization. You will be responsible for conducting site visits to help develop clear goals and assess training needs. The intention is to be a guiding force in helping our providers use the resources available to them to maximize their potential.
· Visiting childcare providers and coaching them on ways to improve their services.
· Helping providers in creating web-based profiles, monitoring enrollments and business planning.
· Facilitating small groups meeting with peers to share best practices and support program implementation.
· You consider yourself an excellent communicator- you enjoy finding new ways to deliver information and engage your audience.
· You are a skilled researcher and finder of resources- you do whatever it takes to get your clients the resources and information they need to succeed
· Your clients call you “Coach”- you are a skilled mentor and an enabler; you have supported or coached child care providers during your career.
· You have a strong base of child development and ECE expertise.
· You are dogged in your pursuit of solutions and you often think outside the box when it comes to helping a client.
· Your time-management skill is the envy of your peers.
· You are detailed and results-driven.
· You are tech-savvy and easily adaptive.
Required Education & Qualifications
- B.A. Degree and 2+ years’ experience in Child Development or related fields or, A.A. Degree and 4 years’ experience in the Child Development or related field.
- Knowledge of Family Child Care programs and supports.
- Experience supporting family child care providers.
- Bilingual: Fluent in Cantonese and English (speaking, reading and writing.)
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Flexible schedule including evenings and some weekends.
- Significant travel within San Francisco.
- Familiarity with child care assessment tools, such as FCCERS, CLASS, DRDP, and ASQ.
Children’s Council is a family-friendly workplace offering part-time eligible employees paid vacation, 13 paid holidays, 401k with employer match, and 100% employer-paid health/dental/vision for the employee upon successful completion of 30-day introductory period.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual: Fluent in Cantonese and English (speaking, reading and writing.)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format with the Email Subject line: Quality Coach to email@example.com
Children’s Council is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as central to our work serving the San Francisco community. We encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply. Individuals seeking employment at Children’s Council are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.