Details: Salary commensurate with experience and education. All full-time employees receive a competitive benefits package.
31 Milk Street, Suite 900
Organization Vision: uAspire imagines a day when all young people have the opportunity to reach their full potential by graduating from college, regardless of their families’ financial resources or college experiences.
Organization Summary: uAspire ensures that all young people have the financial information and resources necessary to find an affordable path to and through college. Our singular focus is on college affordability and removing financial barriers so that every student has an equitable opportunity to graduate from college and succeed in life
We have an innovative three-pronged approach toward solving the college affordability problem, having large scaled impact to ensure that every student has an equitable opportunity to succeed.
- Student Advising: In person and over text, we support students one-on-one to maximize financial aid, minimize loan debt, and make informed financial decisions about the best post-secondary option for them. Students are empowered with the knowledge and skills to face future obstacles and access the financial aid that enables them to complete their degree with limited debt.
- Training: School counselors and college access providers play a pivotal role in helping students achieve a higher education, but they often lack the knowledge and skills to guide students through the complex financial aid systems. Through online and in-person professional development, we share our expertise so they can effectively support their students every step of the way.
- Policy & Systems Change: To level the playing field for young people from all economic backgrounds, our policy team works to improve financial aid systems so everyone has a chance to graduate with a degree they can afford. We ensure that the student perspective is at the center of conversations on college affordability and the systems that greatly impact their lives and families.
The challenges of college affordability have never been more pronounced, and uAspire’s expertise – built over 30+ years of practice – has never been more needed across and communities nationwide. The Training and Technical Assistance (T&TA) Manager will provide a critical role in ensuring that uAspire achieves our ambitious and multifaceted plans for growth with quality through our T&TA model, thereby supporting the postsecondary goals of thousands of students to be realized each year. They will work with uAspire’ Central Office and be responsible for the day to day coordination and support of many of our Training and Technical Assistance functions, including training development, delivery, and partner management. In addition to being responsible for a wide range of tasks that focus on maintaining/ coordinating effective delivery of our T&TA model, the T&TA Manager will play a crucial role to uAspire’s ever changing model and services.
This position requires a driven individual with strong organizational and listening skills who is able to balance competing priorities with accuracy, proficiency and efficiency in a fast paced work environment with minimal supervision. They will have a proven ability to deliver high-quality work and ensure the timely completion of tasks and deliverables in a collaborative environment. The right candidate for this position will possess a high level of integrity with the ability to handle a demanding work schedule and be able to respond to challenges with flexibility and grace. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to have a significant impact on front line practitioners throughout the country.
Training Delivery & Partner Management
- Manage training partnerships to ensure partnership expectations are met and training outcomes are achieved. This includes partner intake, scheduling trainings, entering evaluation data into our Salesforce platform, troubleshooting and coaching partners via email and phone calls etc.
- Provide engaging and informative in-person and webinar trainings to practitioners with beginner to advanced experience with college affordability.
- Responsible for online Partner Portal administration - provide coaching and guidance to partner organizations on complex college affordability issues through our online portal, and support in maintaining and updating portal's function and content.
- Develop interactive activities, case studies, and resources rooted in real world scenarios that can be leveraged in trainings for both general audiences as well as for specific training partners.
- Remain at the forefront of college affordability expertise and support the T&TA team in continuing to build and enhance our understanding of the broader field and our issue, including participating in Federal Student Aid trainings and specific content research.
Overall T&TA Team Support
- Assist with T&TA projects as needed such as developing technology best practices (Adobe Connect), conducting survey data entry and analysis, coordinating training calendars, and collaborating with teams across uAspire.
- Support uAspire’s efforts to build and maintain a variety of training partnerships by assisting the TTA Director and Business Development department with recruitment events and communications.
- Support all T&TA administrative tasks.
- Belief in and adherence to uAspire’s Organizational Values – Student-Centered, Excellent, Dedicated, Collaborative, and Systems-Focused – required
- Committed to working and participating in an organization dedicated to ensuring a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment.
- High degree of professionalism, tact, initiative and diplomacy
- Experience in planning, facilitating trainings and/or meetings
- High level of flexibility and adaptability
- High proficiency in Google Mail/Docs, and Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial, non-profit setting desired
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to multitask effectively and efficiently
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- College affordability knowledge a plus
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and interested in learning within a growing, entrepreneurial organization
- Ability to work flexible hours including frequent travel - required
Minimum Education Required