Data and Office Manager - YouthBuild
Details: $30,000 - $35,000 negotiable
1512 Townsend Ave.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Data and Office Manager oversees all administrative and office management functions of the NSA YouthBuild Program. The program serves young adults between the ages of 17-24 with barriers to education and employment. In addition to handling administrative functions, the Data and Office Manager is responsible for handling student payroll, office administration and the handling of data. Detailed responsibilities are as follows:
· Oversee the intake and student application process, this includes but is not limited to: greeting candidates and providing program information, capturing and tracking applications, conducting preliminary intake interviews and verifying student eligibility;
· Manage all databases – DataYB, MIS, Portal plus internal spreadsheets
· Manage student file compliance;
· Monitor student attendance and performance, maintaining records and data
· Oversee completion and processing of all W9’s
· Provide monthly data reports to Program Director and Director of Youthbuild programs
· Track student and staff timesheets and submit both for payroll
· Manage program schedules;
· Act as liaison with main office regarding administrative matters, incident reports and building management issues;
· Order program supplies and goods and maintain inventory
· Enter information on student’s attendance, activities, scores, and outcomes into spreadsheets and other data software as required by New Settlement Youthbuild and its funding sources.
· Assist with correspondence, filing, phone answering, copying and scanning.
· Conduct outreach and program marketing as part of the YouthBuild team
· Act with discretion
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree or three years of experience in a related field;
· Previous experience working with youth in a community-based setting, using a positive youth development model;
· Must be a professional and able to show discretion in maintaining student and staff confidentiality
· Strong commitment to helping young people succeed in an innovative training program to reorient their lives, nurture their leadership skills, and enable them to make a difference in their community;
· Demonstrated ability to connect with and be sensitive to persons with criminal court involvement;
· Experience developing administrative systems is preferred;
· Excellent oral and written communication as well as presentation skills;
· Strong organizational skills- must be detail oriented;
· Sense of humor and nonjudgmental attitude;
· Ability to work as part of a team and multi-task;
· Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
OVERVIEW OF NEW SETTLEMENT APARTMENTS: New Settlement Apartments is a not-for-profit housing & community service organization, located in the southwest Bronx, with a 26-year track record of active commitment to neighborhood revitalization and community development. An integral part of the progressive housing philosophy embraced by New Settlement is that "housing is not just bricks and mortar." Our mission is not only to rebuild and maintain a sizeable portion of the housing stock in this neighborhood, but also to support the rebuilding of its social capital. New Settlement currently provides year-round educational, cultural and recreational programs and social services to 13,500 youth and adults who live in the surrounding area.
Salary commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k).
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual: English and Spanish preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Mail cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references to YouthBuild Data/Office Manager Search, New Settlement Apartments, 1512 Townsend Ave., Bronx, NY 10452 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No faxes or phone calls, please. Applications will be reviewed as they are received; this position is available immediately. EEO/AA.