151 W. 26th Street
Director of Programs
T. Schreiber Studio and Theatre
The T. Schreiber Studio and Theatre is looking for a dedicated arts administration professional to take on a challenging and gratifying career opportunity as the Director of Programs for our prestigious, highly acclaimed acting studio and theatre. Candidates must have a logical, detail-oriented, and organized mindset; excellent computer skills; and the ability to work under pressure in a friendly yet demanding environment. Prior experience in an academic office and theatre production setting is a plus but not required.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are necessary for student, staff, audience and guest artist interaction. We need someone who can understand and utilize current systems and is also creative in helping the studio grow and expand.
This job is deadline-driven; the Director of Programs must excel in time management.
BA or BS preferred. 1-3 years experience as Office Manager or similar preferred. 1-3 years experience as a Theatre Producer or similar preferred.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher)
- Familiarity with Dahlia or similar CMS systems
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Social media skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, highly-organized
- Flexible temperament with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Literary Management
- Theatre Production
- Student Recruitment
- Digital Marketing
- Development/ Fundraising
- Managing student accounts & records
- Enrollment & placement of new students
- Maintaining and scheduling studio yearly, monthly and daily calendars
- Disseminating information via phone, emails, and Constant Contact
- Tracking student enrollment
- Website Management/Updates using WordPress
- Scheduling and Managing Office Workers
- Managing interns/ workstudy program
- Managing submissions of new writing (full length and short)
- Corresponding with playwrights, directors and actors for readings and productions
- Supporting development initiatives including fundraising and partnerships
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: Director of Programs
Minimum Education Required