55 Broad Street
The Grants and Compliance Manager is a relentlessly detail-oriented and organized individual with excellent project management and interpersonal skills. As part of the Strategic Initiatives team, this individual will manage systems and processes to ensure that City Year New York is compliant with federal, state, and local government grant requirements. An ideal candidate will have experience with building relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and communicating within complex, bureaucratic systems. This is a deadline-driven role and, as such, may require flexible work hours throughout the year.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Compliance Management (50%):
- Serve as City Year New York's expert in School Age Child Care (SACC) regulations: synthesize and communicate expectations to staff, organize and lead annual application process for school-based sites, support new staff members during application and background check process, complete data entry for required background checks for staff, and design systems to monitor ongoing compliance across school-based sites
- Implement and improve site-wide processes to ensure that programmatic and administrative requirements for City contracts are met by supporting school-based site staff to meet grant administrative requirements, tracking progress toward grant-specific quantitative and qualitative goals
- Draft and coordinate regular updates and internal communication around compliance for city or state agencies; conduct internal audits to ensure all requirements are being met
- Collaborate with staff cross-departmentally to organize and maintain files to meet compliance requirements for multiple agencies
- Support annual external fiscal audits by collecting required staff and program documents, coordinating with City Year Headquarters staff as requested, and hosting in-office audit visit
- Contract Management (35%-40%)
- Lead multiple, annual city contracting and invoicing process by gathering required information from Program team, ensuring that all documents are completed accurately and on time, managing internal workflow processes and communication with City Year Headquarters to obtain necessary signatures and approvals, and coordinating document delivery to city agencies.
- Audit current administrative systems, troubleshoot and optimize as needed, codify procedures and communicate to relevant team members
- Serve as City Year New York’s liaison with program officers and staff members at City agencies, such as Department of Health and Department of Youth and Community Development
- Strategic Initiatives Team Special Projects (10%-15%):
- Support the Strategic Initiatives team with special projects, defined annually, to meet department and site-wide goals. FY19 projects may include: outreach to local elected officials to coordinate visits to schools and events, and research and relationship building to local community stakeholders for AmeriCorps member recruitment initiatives
- You are a planner and project manager – you are a forward thinker and tend to be a few steps ahead of everyone else in the planning process
- You are an analytical thinker and clear communicator – you like breaking down complex questions, problems, or requests and making them understandable to a wide variety of audiences
- You are a strong relationship manager – you enjoy working with others to solve problems, you are not shy about reaching out to ask questions, and you are open to others doing the same
- You are deadline driven – you know how to craft a plan, adjust as needed, and operate with a calm sense of urgency to hit the mark every time
What You Have Already Done:
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree or have 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Mastered standard business applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Salesforce or a similar database.
- Worked with government contracts, compliance, operations and/or file management.
- Proven a track-record of hitting deadlines, managing complicated processes, and working with detailed systems.
Bonus If You Have:
- Worked more than a year ago with a New York City agency like the Department of Health, Department of Youth and Community Development or Department of Education
- Worked in education, particularly afterschool, childcare, or summer programs
- Served as an AmeriCorps member
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.