Details: Commensurate with experience
200 Pine Street, 6th Fl
The Director of Development will work closely with the CEO, Board of Directors, leadership team and the FAAS Team to develop and drive a comprehensive, growth-oriented fundraising program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the CEO to lead the organization’s process of setting goals and priorities for fund development.
- Increase grant funding by 50 percent.
- Manage and facilitate relationships with current and potential major donors as well as increase major donor base. This includes but is not limited to donor research, ongoing and personalized communications, direct asks for support and follow-through on communicating the ongoing results due to the donors support partnership.
- Publicly represent and promote Enterprise periodically by attending and, where appropriate, speaking at key events.
- Maintenance of foundation, corporate, and government, grants and the required reporting.
- Coordinate with Program and Finance Departments to monitor, evaluate and prepare reports for corporate, government and foundation grants.
- Work closely with FAAS to align our individual donor cultivation strategies.
- Work strategically with the CEO, the Board of Directors to optimize development opportunities.
- Prepare and direct two annual fund mail campaigns and other supplemental materials required to support fundraising efforts.
- Coordinate overall production of Private Collections, including the management of the Private Collections committee members.
- Manage the Development Department in a fiscally sound manner by ensuring that the appropriate systems, staffing and procedures are in place to support fundraising goals.
- Serve on the leadership team of the organization.
- Work closely with CEO and leadership team in agency strategic planning.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS RELATIONS:
- Provide leadership and coordination of Development efforts at the Board level.
- Work regularly with the CEO and Development Committee to develop strategies to initiate and meet aggressive fundraising goals.
- Provide detailed reports about fundraising progress to the Development Committee on a regular basis.
- Assist the Board with researching potential major donors.
DEVELOPMENT OFFICE INFRASTRUCTURE:
- Create office systems and staffing to support all development projects and operations.
- Supervise Development Coordinator
- Manage development calendar.
- Ensure appropriate donor recognition and stewardship.
- Oversees the management of donor database.
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications on the production of agency newsletter, Annual Report, development presence on the website, and other agency publications.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Minimum - one Development Associate
- Harassment Training program (every 2 years)
Health & Safety Requirements:
- TB test, background check, credit check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface periodically throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. This position may include lifting up to 20 pounds on occasion. The performance of this position may occasionally require travel to other organizations. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Enterprise for Youth is an equal opportunity employer and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and Chapter 12T of the San Francisco Administrative Code. Applicants will be required to provide written consent to a background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Enterprise for Youth does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. Please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. The agency may require the employee to perform other duties on a temporary basis and may also revise the above description, if it deems necessary, as the agency's programs, funding and staffing change over time.
Generous Medical/Dental/Vision plans
Paid holidays (13)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please provide a cover letter and resume in one PDF document.