174 Prospect Place
The Center for Urban Community Services (CUCS) seeks an Overnight Team Case Manager (TEMPORARY POSITION THAT WILL NOT EXCEED 3 MONTHS) for its Prospect Place shelter for homeless, mentally ill women. Prospect Place is a 90 bed recovery oriented housing placement program located at 174 Prospect Place in Brooklyn, NY. Program services include: housing placement, comprehensive health, mental health, and case management services. Prospect Place operates 7 days per week with 24 hour clinical and security staff. The program is readily accessible by public transportation.
The Overnight Case Manager is responsible for working with all clients to help them live full and satisfying lives in the community; helping their team and program to function well and meet their contractual obligations; and striving, as appropriate to their role, to fulfill the CUCS programs’ core purpose, core values and vision statements. Services that the Overnight Case Manager will be expected to provide include, but are not limited to, supportive counseling, outreach, written assessments, case management, advocacy, and crisis intervention. The Overnight Case Manager is expected to monitor the building during the overnight shift, ensure the safety of the clients, report census updates to the Department of Homeless Services and support the site to ensure the good functioning of the program as a whole.
Experience and Education Required:
• Case Manager 1 requires a HS Diploma and 2 years relevant experience
• Case Manager 2 requires a Bachelor’s Degree or HS Diploma and 4 years relevant experience.
• Case Manager 3 requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years relevant experience or BSW and 1 year relevant experience or HS Diploma and 6 years relevant experience.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Strong writing skills and computer literacy required
Note: For every 30 college credits earned, 1 year of experience may be reduced from the requirement for applicants with HS diplomas.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish / English strongly preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter to the following email address: <email@example.com>
- Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
- CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind