The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Coordinator, Tobacco Control to join our incredible team in the Upper Midwest Region. Working as a member of the Mission Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for successful completion of assigned/required goals and activities for the Community Partnership tobacco control grant funded by the Iowa Department of Public Health, Division of Tobacco Use Prevention & Control. This position is grant-funded.
- Work in a team setting to achieve required activities within the Community Partnership grant.
- Contribute to quarterly progress reports and monthly reporting of grant activities.
- Build and enhance community partnerships to achieve common goals.
- Establish relationships with local businesses and community leaders to work towards implementing tobacco and nicotine-free policy systems change.
- Communicate tobacco cessation programs resources, such as Quitline Iowa, with communities and businesses in our service area.
- Implement policy and systems change in regards to tobacco control grant activities.
- Explore opportunities to connect and enhance collaborations throughout the American Lung Association.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- One to two years of Health, Wellness or Tobacco prevention and control experience
- Experience working with community groups
- Experience with public speaking and use of media
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Knowledge of public advocacy and policy change
- Computer literate; knowledge in Microsoft programs helpful
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs. (supplies)
- Able to work with minimum direct supervision, make decisions, and take initiative
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required. Must have a valid Driver’s license
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form
The American Lung Association offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, Matching 403(b), Paid Vacation/Sick/Holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V