REACH Beyond Domestic Violence, Inc. is looking for an experienced part-time Grant Writer (15-20 hours/week) to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Development and working closely with the Executive Director and management team, the Grant Writer is responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects. This position requires exceptional writing skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Perform research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with Executive Director, management team, and Finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on grant-funded programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors and provide stewardship to current donors with written updates (i.e. monthly newsletters, annual report, etc.).
- Develop understanding of institutional history and programs.
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Attend staff meetings and organizational events as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a grant writer.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
About REACH Beyond Domestic Violence, Inc.
REACH Beyond Domestic Violence is a growing, innovative, mission-driven organization offering a range of programs and services. We seek to end domestic violence in families, communities and society. REACH has experienced tremendous growth over the past ten years. Our leadership in community building, education and prevention programs and providing trauma-informed services drives our continued growth. With a fresh strategic plan in place, the Development team is working with the Board of Directors and staff to further expand and deepen our donor base, and increase collaboration, volunteerism and fundraising from various sources. A recent move to bigger and better offices – along with the energy of our staff, volunteers and Board of Directors make this an exciting opportunity.
REACH is committed to advancing the safety, healing, and empowerment of those who experience domestic or relationship violence, through direct services and education while promoting social justice for individuals and families of all backgrounds. Our employment policies reflect our mission.
- 20 Days Paid Vacation Time, 25 Days Paid Vacation Time after 3 years of employment
- 10 Days Paid Sick Time
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Health coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, dental through Delta Dental and vision through Eye Med.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter to Jean Doliber, Director of Development, at email@example.com. It is strongly encouraged to include 2-3 writing samples you have created.