POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant/Accounting Clerk (Part-time 20 hours/week)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt / Hourly
LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 38 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $20 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. These investments have leveraged more than $50 billion in development activity and helped families and communities raise their standards of living. LISC investments impact the lives of nearly 7 million Americans.
Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s invests in every state in the country with offices in 31 urban markets from Buffalo to San Francisco. Our rural programs make an impact in 44 states, and are supported by LISC’s talented and dedicated workforce.
LISC Phoenix seeks an individual for a part-time (20 hours/week) role as Administrative Assistant. This position will effectively manage daily operations of the LISC office using initiative and skillful judgment to enhance processes and procedures.
- Process all invoices/expense reports for payment and track payment status.
- Provide support for meetings, trainings, conferences and special events including venue and food arrangements, RSVPs, minutes or other needs.
- Maintain LISC calendar, schedule appointments and conference calls, manage invitations, and coordinate staff travel arrangements.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, answer phones, and direct inquiries.
- Compose responses to office correspondence and other inquiries.
- Order office supplies, manage inventory and maintain adequate supplies for the office and staff.
- Maintain and troubleshoot computers and other office equipment. Work with LISC IT as needed.
- Be the primary contact for vendors, building management, LISC National IT department, and others.
- Assist staff in various program processes including maintaining program records to ensure all office files are accurate and up-to-date on a regular basis.
- Provide additional program support such as research or logistics, as needed.
- Manage database of fundraising records and office contacts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Degree from an accredited college or university, preferred
- One year of accounts payable/accounts receivable experience
- Good problem-solving skills with a willingness to be flexible and proactive
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks without compromising quality.
- Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook), web-based tools (Salesforce, NetSuite), and office technology/equipment required.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally and productively with senior-level staff and stakeholders, including individuals and communities of diverse racial, ethnic, economic, social and educational backgrounds.
- Compensation: LISC offers a competitive salary and paid time off.
- To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter via email to Frieda Pollack, email@example.com. Include your cover letter as the body of the email and attach your resume as a PDF. In the cover letter, concisely explain why you are seeking part-time work, what specifically about this position appeals to you, and how you think you will be an asset to the LISC Phoenix team. Please include your availability Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m.
- LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter via email to Frieda Pollack, firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your cover letter as the body of the email and attach your resume as a PDF. In the cover letter, concisely explain why you are seeking part-time work, what specifically about this position appeals to you, and how you think you will be an asset to the LISC Phoenix team. Please include your availability Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m.