Preble Street has a full-time 3rd shift Team Leader opening at Huston Commons, our newest Housing First program located near Morrill’s Corner. This position will be working across all residential programs, although primarily at Huston Commons. Housing First residential programs are open 365 days a year. Huston Commons is designed to meet the needs of 30 men and women who have experienced chronic homelessness.
- The schedule for this position is an awake overnight for 4 nights (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday), starting each night at 11pm ending at 9am the following morning.
- The primary role of this position is to lead the 3rd Shift team and to provide leadership in:
- Assisting tenants to overcome barriers to stable housing
- Ensuring program coverage
- Maintaining tenant safety; monitoring the security of the building; providing crisis intervention
- Support and providing life skills support
- In addition, the Team Leader is responsible for program scheduling, ensuring documentation of services provided, implementing groups and other programming, coordinating services and support across shifts, and working as a member of the program and agency management team.
The preferred education and experience for this position includes a Bachelor’s degree with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience; however, candidates with any combination of experience and education likely to provide the knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful in the position will be considered.
In addition, candidates for this position must have a positive regard for individuals accessing services for homelessness and poverty; strong communication skills; familiarity with community services; an understanding of low-barrier service challenges; the ability to establish boundaries and set limits with a diverse population; and the ability to work as part of a team. Residential services experience is preferred.
This position offers competitive pay at a rate of $16.68 per hour, which annualizes to $34,684. Additionally, Preble Street’s full time compensation package includes paid health, dental, life, and disability insurances for the employee; an employee assistance program; a 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match; and generous paid vacation, sick, and personal time benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also send your application materials via postal mail to:
Preble Street, Human Resources, 38 Preble Street, Portland, ME 04101
Please note: Automatically-generated confirmations of receipt will be sent in response to applications sent via email. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be otherwise contacted.
Preble Street is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, military status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all of Preble Street’s hiring practices, and all terms and conditions of employment.