Marketing and Social Media Strategist (Bilingual English/Spanish)
Details: Commensurate with Experience
Who We Are
The National Domestic Workers Alliance (www.domesticworkers.org) organizes domestic workers in the United States for respect, recognition and labor standards. Through leadership development, strategic campaigns and alliance building, we seek to help build a powerful movement for social and global justice. The Alliance formed in 2007 at the US Social Forum and currently represents 60 affiliated organizations in 36 cities and 17 states nationally.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a great writer who can think like a marketer and an organizer to build and engage our diverse audience of domestic workers online, including nannies, house cleaners, and care workers across the country. Specifically, you should be:
- A sharp writer, primarily for online ads and social media content that drives member signups and engages workers on an ongoing basis. Digital writing and advertising is the focus of this position.
- A native or fluent Spanish speaker who can write in both languages as well as translate text from Spanish to English and English to Spanish.
- Metrics-driven and familiar with online ads reporting. We have ambitious goals around the numbers of domestic workers we’re looking to reach, so you should be comfortable with social media metrics and analytics such as Facebook Insights, Twitter Insights, and Google Analytics, and know how to use them to drive social media strategy and tactics.
- Skilled at writing for a range of digital mediums. While the focus of your writing will be social media and online ads, you’ll likely do some writing for SMS, email, and website content.
- Able to think like a marketer about what will grab our audiences and bring them in.
- Able to think like an organizer about how we keep our audience of domestic workers engaged after our initial contact with them.
The ideal candidate has experience managing social media and/or doing online marketing for a nonprofit, campaign, or company. However, we’re open to a range of different backgrounds, so let us know why you think you would be a good fit for this position and what you would bring to it!
Why You Should Apply
This job is focused around an exciting core challenge: how to bring in large numbers of domestic workers (nannies, housecleaners, and careworkers) to be part of NDWA’s growing and powerful base. This is a great opportunity to work with a smart team of innovators, led by women of color at the forefront of the Resistance and progressive movements for racial, economic, and gender justice.
This position is remote and candidates may be located anywhere in the U.S.
Great benefits including full health/vision/dental insurance, 5 weeks of paid time off annually (including 3 weeks of office closure), and 12 weeks of parental leave
Level of Language Proficiency
A native or fluent Spanish speaker who can write in both languages as well as translate text from Spanish to English and English to Spanish.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send an email, including a note in the body of the email to email@example.com about your background, why you’re interested in the position, and why you believe you’re the right fit for the job. Attach a resume (with a phone number where we can contact you) and a sample of your writing in English and Spanish.
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly encouraged to apply. This position will remain open until filled.