Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, Part-time Coordinator, Development
- Job posted by Alliance for Young Artists & Writers
Details: This is a 20-hour/week position. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
About the Alliance for Young Artists & Writers/Scholastic Art & Writing Awards:
Since 1923, the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards have recognized the vision, ingenuity, and talent of our nation’s youth, and provided opportunities for creative teens to be celebrated. Each year, increasing numbers of teens participate in the program, and become a part of our community—young artists and writers, filmmakers and photographers, poets and sculptors, video game artists and science fiction writers, along with countless educators who support and encourage the creative process.
The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards are presented by the Alliance for Young Artists & Writers. The Alliance is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to identify students with exceptional artistic and literary talent and present their remarkable work to the world through the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards. Through the Awards, students receive opportunities for recognition, exhibition, publication, and scholarships. Students across America submitted nearly 350,000 original works this year in 29 different categories of art and writing.
About the position:
Reporting to the Associate Director of Development, the Development Coordinator helps achieve all fundraising objectives of the Alliance of Young Artists & Writers, by providing research, events and administrative assistance to the department.
- Manage and maintain data hygiene in Donor Perfect database
- Process all gifts, including data entry, acknowledgement creation and mailing
- Assist with revenue tracking
- Assist with individual giving research
- Perform administrative tasks for the Development department, including setting up meetings, preparing materials for Board meetings, preparing donor meeting briefing materials for the Executive Director and Director of Development, and coordinating solicitation campaigns and Development internships
- Coordinate communications, events, and correspondence related to Alumni and the Alumni Council, as directed by the Associate Director of Development
- Provide assistance for all Development-related events, including the annual Gala, Art.Write.Now exhibition reception, National Events and Board of Director reception. Duties include maintaining RSVPs, contacting vendors, producing reports, and following up with guests.
- Provide assistance to the Executive Director and the Development department, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in art, writing or related disciplines is preferred
- At least a one-year cumulative experience in an office setting
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required; knowledge of Donor Perfect or other fundraising databases is preferred
Minimum Education Required