Details: competitive salary and outstanding benefits package offered.
7 West Drive
The Education Program Coordinator is responsible for the planning, organizing and, implementation of individual and group activities pertaining to the educational needs of Children’s Inn residents. This position will also facilitate and support other family programs and activities as needed.
· Promote a homelike environment of support and understanding for residents of The Inn.
· Act in a proactive manner to identify special family situations and take appropriate actions to promote resolution of conflicts.
· Ensure proper enforcement of Inn rules and manage conflicts when necessary.
· Inform the Program Operations Manager when situations cannot be reasonably resolved.
· Maintain flexibility and acknowledge stress of communal living.
· Meet the reasonable needs of Inn residents.
· Ensure that the Learning Center is kept clean and supplies are organized and secure.
· Complete other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Programs and Services.
· Regularly assess the educational needs of residents at The Inn and develop activities as appropriate.
· Research education programs in similar environments.
· Serve as a liaison between Inn residents and their home schools.
· Coordinate with NIH’s Educational Program to best support the educational needs of Inn residents.
· Participate in program strategy and evaluation activities on an on-going basis.
· Assist in the development of grant applications and progress reports associated with the funding for the Education Program.
· Assist in developing the annual Education Program budget, tracking expenses as related to the program.
· Assist with program tracking and evaluation processes, compiling analysis and periodic reports on resident participation and impact.
Child & Family Support and Education:
· Plan and supervise individual and group educational activities designed to assist patients and their families impacted by chronic or serious illness.
· Arrange and manage workshops and educational field trips
· Work with Volunteer Services to recruit and supervise Education Program volunteers
· Ensure families are aware of educational resources available to them
· Engage the community by forming partnerships and connections with local educational organizations
· Plan, implement and coordinate activities for Camp INNcredible (The Inn’s summer camp program for residents).
Bachelor’s Degree required. Preferably in the field of education. Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred.
Minimum 3-5 years of experience coordinating and implementing educational programs for children and families required. Knowledge of child development, educational curriculums highly desired.
Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with the broadest range of individuals including children, families, the general public and professionals. Must be highly motivated and creative and enjoy both hands on work with children and cultivating professional partnerships. Should be friendly and tactful with a compassionate personality. Must be flexible and, when necessary, demonstrate good decision-making skills in order to protect the safety and security of Inn residents. The Education Program Coordinator must be able to cope with and offer comfort to people in acute personal crisis. Should have a positive attitude and work well in a team-oriented environment. Must relate well to children. Must be open to all and comfortable with a variety of lifestyles.
Must be in good general health with no history of chronic diseases that could be hazardous to the residents of The Children’s Inn.
Core hours will be Sunday, Monday, Tuesday from 12:30PM to 8:30PM, Wednesday and Thursday 10AM-6PM and holidays as determined by the Family Programming Team. However, the Education Program Coordinator will be expected to determine their weekly schedule based on the needs of the activities and programs at The Inn. Monthly and quarterly staff meeting attendance required.
Level of Language Proficiency
Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information about this position or The Children's Inn, please visit our website at www.childrensinn.org, where you may apply directly for this position.