Grants and Financial Administrator, The Rockefeller University
- Job posted by The Rockefeller University
1230 York Avenue
The Rockefeller University is the world’s leading biomedical research University. Our groundbreaking discoveries in basic and clinical research are transforming medicine. We share a singular commitment to advancing science for the benefit of humanity. Our collaborative culture drives each of us to achieve a higher level, fueling the breakthroughs for which we are known.
We seek a jack-of-all-trades Grants and Financial Administrator to be shared between three neighboring laboratories, handling everything from accounting and finance to grants administration and other administrative functions.
The Administrator’s primary responsibilities will include financial management of laboratory funds as well as administrative support for grant applications and progress reports. The Administrator will also process all laboratory personnel, including new hires and terminations. This entails fielding postdoc inquiries, submitting fellowship applications, handling letters of reference, and preparing travel arrangements and expense reports. The position also includes more administrative responsibilities such as the upkeep of service contracts, answering telephones, and filing, among other tasks.
- A Bachelor's degree
- Previous administrative and/or office experience
- General financial and accounting skills, as well as advanced computer skills using Mac OS (i.e., MS Office and Adobe CS)
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills, able to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to exercise great judgment and resourcefulness in finding and enacting solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills but be able to work independently
We offer competitive salaries and all of the comprehensive benefits you’d expect (medical/dental insurances, FSA, retirement planning, commuting expense reimbursement) plus a whole lot more:
- on-site daycare/preschool
- free fitness center (personal training, strength training classes, yoga, run clubs, state-of-the-art cardio and weight equipment)
- free tennis and squash courts
- free classical music concerts
- free robust events program that attracts many of the world's foremost scientists, cultural innovators and thought leaders
- free summer outdoor movie series
- free food trucks, bands and more at the Faculty Club
For more information on our benefits, please click here.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative work environment.
Please visit the following URL and apply to job code ‘IRC21495’. Please make sure to upload your resume and a cover letter.
The Rockefeller University is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans