Scholars at Risk is seeking a highly-motivated, flexible, and team-oriented individual to fill the role of Program Assistant to the Protection Services and Membership teams at SAR. This position is a natural fit for a self-starter who works well under tight deadlines; handles confidential materials with care; displays compassion in communications with clients; displays accuracy in communications with external partners; has excellent judgment, attention to detail, writing, research and analytic skills; has familiarity with higher education and/or human rights situations around the world; and wants to be an important contributor to a collegial team dedicated to protecting individuals, preventing future violations and promoting human rights generally. The role will support the Protection and Membership teams by assisting with communications with members who are seeking to host SAR scholars and also assisting with incoming applications to SAR by scholar-clients. This position reports to SAR’s Director for Membership and University Relations and SAR’s Director for Protection Services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
50% - Case review for Protection Services
· Conduct initial review of incoming applications from scholar-applicants and make recommendations on whether applicant is a candidate for SAR assistance;
· Organize and maintain case files on scholar-applicants according to internal systems and procedures;
· Ensure timely updates to client and application data in online case databases; and
· Research and draft candidate information to be shared with SAR members to support placement efforts, flagging developments to Membership team as needed.
50% - Support to Member Relations
· Serve as point of contact with members who express interest in hosting scholars, including sharing candidate profiles for review, answering common hosting questions, and flagging developments to Protection team as needed;
· Manage effective external communication to members and internal communications around membership outreach in a timely and professional manner; and
· Systematizing and managing data that relates to membership activity and developments.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate exhibits the characteristics below and demonstrates a desire to be an important contributor to a collegial team that recognizes shared commitments to our scholar-clients, members and partners, funders, the world, each other and ourselves; seeks harmony in meeting these commitments; and sees them as positive opportunities to make a difference.
· Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in direct service or related field
· 1+ year experience in higher education, human rights, relief/refugee work or related fields
· Excellent interpersonal skills, especially in a multi-cultural setting
· Excellent attention to detail and flexibility in approach to work
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
· Excellent research and analytical skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public presentation skills
· Solid judgment and ability to handle sensitive information in a discreet, professional manner
· Ability to manage high workloads and proactively manage own work ahead of deadlines
· Ability to manage responsibilities and priorities with limited supervision
· Enthusiasm for and commitment to direct service provision for at-risk individuals
· Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion principles
· Previous experience with member relations or higher education institutions
· Fluency in or familiarity with languages other than English
Scholars at Risk is seeking a highly-motivated, flexible, and team-oriented individual to fill the role of Program Assistant to the Protection Services and Membership teams at SAR. This position is a natural fit for a self-starter who…
This is a full-time, 40-hour a week at-will position for the Fall 2021 term, beginning as soon as possible and lasting through December 31st, 2021, subject to program priorities, exemplary performance, and availability of funds.
This is a full-time, 40-hour a week at-will position for the Fall 2021 term, beginning as soon as possible and lasting through December 31st, 2021, subject to program priorities…
HOW TO APPLY: PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY by combining a cover letter outlining how your prior experience has prepared you to fulfill the above responsibilities and a resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Temporary Program Assistant, Protection and Membership -[Your last name]."
HOW TO APPLY: PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY by combining a cover letter outlining how your prior experience has prepared you to fulfill the above responsibilities and a resume to r…