Case Manager / Art Coordinator – Bergen Street Residence
- Job posted by Lutheran Social Services of New York
475 Riverside Drive
POSITION: Case Manager / Art Coordinator – Bergen Street Residence
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Social Services
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time
EXEMPT/NONEXEMPT: Non-Exempt Salaried
The Case Manager / Art Coordinator fullfils two key roles at the Bergen Street Residence: As Case Manager, he/she promotes client wellness and autonomy through advocacy, assessment, planning, communication, education, resource management, and service facilitation. As Art Coordinator, he/she improves and enhances the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of the Bergen Street residents through the creative process of art making.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
· Carry caseload (total # to be determined).
· Link clients with appropriate providers and resources throughout the continuum
of health and human services care settings, based on clients’ needs and values.
· Escort clients to scheduled and unscheduled psychiatric/medical care.
· Advocate to ensure that clients receive safe, effective, client-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable care. Maintain a non- judgmental and unbiased approach.
· Organize and facilitate (escorting as needed) on/off-site activities.
· Manage a minimum of two ongoing groups. Track client participation in client records.
· Conduct unit inspections and ensure proper follow-up to findings, assisting clients as needed.
· Maintain client records as “audit-ready” at all times as required by program funding sources. Includes, but is not limited to, recording progress notes, constructing service plans, updating medical and mental health information, and completing psychosocial assessments.
· Facilitate art groups as a means of learning conflict resolution and problem solving, developing interpersonal skills, behavior management, stress reduction, increasing self-esteem and self-awareness, and achieving insight.
· Conduct client assessments, integrating the visual arts and the creative process with models of counseling and psychotherapy.
· Prepare corresponding reports for client records.
· Research community resources and recreational activities; make individual referrals and/or organize group activities, as appropriate.
· Organize on-site art programs for holidays; coordinate decoration of facility bulletin boards and/or community areas, particularly during holidays.
· Represent Lutheran Social Service of New York’s mission, values, ethics, and uphold agency Code of Conduct at all times.
· Perform related duties, as assigned by supervisor.
• Volunteers as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, counseling, social work, or sociology with a strong emphasis on art, group, or recreational therapy.
• Bachelor’s Degree in other human service or social service field may be considered, based on experience.
• Minimum of 2 years in human services field
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Knowledgeable about issues of homelessness, HIV, substance abuse, mental illness, and entitlement programs.
· Able to develop, organize and facilitate art groups and art therapy.
· Well-versed in the creative process of art making and interpretation.
· Enthusiastic, client-centered approach.
· Excellent communication skills, spoken and written.
· Able to establish therapeutic relationships with clients and positive working relationships with colleagues and external agencies.
· Crisis Intervention skills.
· Strong time management skills, able to handle multiple tasks and assignments at once.
· Proficient in internet navigation, E-mail, and Microsoft Word.
· Willing to participate in continuing education.
· Available to work some holidays and weekends.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All resumes and cover letters should be sent to the hiring supervisor, Shani Graves, with "Case Manager/Art Coordinator" in the subject line.
Director of Bergen St.
[with "Case Manager" in subject line]
----LSSNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer----