10 West Broad Street
The Ohio Legal Assistance Foundation, Inc., founded in 1994 and located in Columbus, is a statewide, nonprofit organization committed to improving access to justice for low-income Ohioans. By providing grants and other support, the Foundation provides a legal voice to those who can't afford it. The Foundation helps ensure that veterans secure the benefits they have earned; seniors preserve their independence and financial security; victims of domestic violence obtain safety and security; and children with disabilities obtain the supports they need to succeed in school.
The Administrative Assistant performs a wide range of office administrative duties and provides administrative support to the Deputy Director and General Counsel. The Administrative Assistant also supports Foundation special projects and events. The Administrative Assistant regularly handles sensitive and confidential information and must exercise confidentiality and discretion. The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Deputy Director and General Counsel.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- A commitment to equal access to justice and to advocacy for low-income persons.
- Self-motivated, independent, organized, able to prioritize work, able to multi-task, and handle multiple responsibilities.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding highly sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, diplomacy, and sound judgment at all times.
- Coordinate and implement a wide range of administrative, communication, and logistical services in support of the Foundation, including answering the main phone line, copying and collating materials for meetings and other distributions, and liaising with building security.
- Provide administrative support for the Deputy Director and General Counsel’s daily activities and special projects, including scheduling and providing necessary background material and reminders for appointments.
- Proofread correspondence and other materials as requested.
- Handle travel arrangements and complete expense reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Support meetings and special projects by helping with material preparation, collation, and distribution.
- Aid in maintaining specialized project contact lists and groups, which, are regularly used.
- Provide other duties based on the needs of the Foundation.
Great benefits package, including Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Life insurance, 401k, vacation time, sick time and others.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter expressing in detail why they are interested in the position. The letter should be accompanied by a current resume and three professional references with up-to-date contact information. Applications must be received by COB Friday, July 20, 2018. Materials should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send a hard copy.