Safe Horizon’s Anti-Trafficking Program maintains a two-tiered approach to fighting the epidemic of modern day slavery, offering a range of services including education and technical assistance, training and advocacy to foster systemic change. Safe Horizon’s Community Program offices offer a variety of services to survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, families of homicide victims and other crime victims at four sites located throughout New York City. Safe Horizon also operates three 24 hour Hotlines including the New York City Domestic Violence Hotline, Crime Victims Hotline and a Rape and Sexual Assault Hotline. The hotlines provide crisis intervention, advocacy, and information and referrals to 200,000 victims each year.
Essential Job Functions:
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
· Assisting the Administration in the overall operations function of the programs;
· Maintaining and updating monthly statistics;
· Maintains resource materials;
· Utilizes and or maintains databases utilizing CMS, tracking sheets, contract management assistance;
· Petty Cash Agent;
· Processing purchase orders, payment requests, reconciliations, funder timesheets from the programs in a timely and accurate fashion;
· Assist in coordinating and/or providing support for special events;
· Word Processing and proofreading memos and other documents; filing duties;
· Ordering, distributing and keeping inventory of special purchases;
· Collaborates and maintains cooperative relationships with all other Safe Horizon programs/departments and external vendors, including IS&T, Facilities, Purchasing and Accounts Payable;
· Answers and directs telephone calls, faxes and mail directed to the department;
· Other related tasks as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational, writing, and analytical skills required, as well as high energy level, strong interpersonal skills, and initiative.
- Knowledge of domestic violence issues strongly preferred.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Minimum Education Required