Pacific Tower, Suite 1101
1200 12th Avenue South
<img src="//:0" height="83" width="147" class="ql-embed-selected">
Administrative & Technology Services Coordinator
In order to be effective, nonprofits need good management and technology. However, many of them lack the training, knowledge, or support they need. This is where 501 Commons steps in, and this is where you can help. The Administrative Assistant is a key position in 501 Commons’ operations team, providing tactical support for various programs and activities that support nonprofits.
This position serves as a communication hub for team members and external audiences alike. A successful candidate will demonstrate leadership to help achieve results and must have the ability to manage a high volume of tasks with precision.
· Work with the operations and technology teams to ensure smooth day-to-day operations and open, timely communication
· Administer database and collaboration systems including Confluence, Salesforce, SurveyMonkey, Eventbrite, and Basecamp to ensure adequate documentation and task management
· Provide hospitality and assistance as an initial point of contact in person and on the phone
· Maintain a clean and well-organized office space
· Ensure the successful planning and execution of events such as 501 Talks Tech, Technology Leadership Council, Plan IT, and internal team meetings
· Manage resources, equipment, and supplies to ensure team members have what they need to do their jobs
· Provide administrative and project management support to technology services managers and deputy director
· Oversee membership tracking and invoicing
· Support financial processes by documenting incoming payments and bills
- Experience in administration, preferably within a nonprofit organization
- Proficient in a variety of technologies, including Microsoft Office and databases; experience in Salesforce preferred
- Able to communicate effectively about technical concepts and complex programs verbally and in writing with highly diverse audience
- Excellent document preparation and proofreading skills; social media and public relations writing experience a plus
- Detail-oriented problem solver who excels in developing and maintaining systems
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and organize work for maximum efficiency
- Ability to lift 30 pounds (required for event set-up responsibilities)
Are you interested but your background doesn’t quite match our qualifications? We want you to reach out and let us know why you think you are a great addition to our team!
Salary Range: $15-16/hour
501 Commons is an equal-opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and to support the retention and advancement of diverse persons within the organization. We believe that having a board, staff, and volunteer corps with diverse personal and professional backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission.
501 Commons is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve our mission. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs, or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equal, valued, and supported.
What we offer
· Collaborative organization where you’ll work alongside highly-skilled professionals in our staff and Service Corps
· Opportunities to advance professional skills and take on project leadership
· Generous paid time off
· Benefits package, including employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage
Minimum Education Required