Join the Non-GMO Project as a full-time Retailer Programs Manager and help change the future of our food system. In this position, you will play a critical role in developing programming for our thousands of retail partners across the United States and Canada. You will also help cultivate foundation and donor giving. This is a great opportunity for a motivated professional that has experience leading programs, building external relationships, and securing revenue.
Our perfect fit for this position is a creative and organized thinker that knows how to turn ideas into reality and how to capture it all in a spreadsheet. You have a demonstrated ability to manage complex programs with many moving pieces and deadlines. Additionally, you have proven experience in raising funds from individual donors, foundations, and/or other revenue generating activities like sales. As a manager, you know how to coach teams for success and you are eager to be a leader in a fast-moving values-driven organization. The Retailer Programs Manager must care for and understand the work of the Non-GMO Project, and at the same time have the ability to operate with diplomacy when working with people that hold different opinions.
- Further develop and execute our Supporting Retailer Program
- Project manage several of our events for retailers
- Cultivate relationships with retailers of all sizes, including many of the largest retail chains in the United States and Canada
- Develop a deep understanding of the Non-GMO Project’s value proposition for retailers and be able to speak to it in a public setting
- Coach, develop and guide the work of the Outreach Team within the Non-GMO Project’s Marketing, Communications, and Outreach Department
- Build relationships with donors and develop messaging and programming to support their engagement
- Manage fundraising accounts
- Build and manage other revenue diversification streams, such as e-commerce and retailer giving campaigns
- Work cross-functionally to build and promote the Non-GMO Project’s mission and programs
- Represent the Non-GMO Project at industry events
- Report on fundraising activities to the leadership team
- Minimum 4 years related professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience managing and reporting on budgets
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to lead a small team
- Ability to interface successfully with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to assess risk and problem solve with diplomacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with donor databases (i.e. Salsa Labs) a plus
- Experience tracking and reconciling donation and sponsorship revenue
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Dropbox, Google Drive, and other organizational technology (Smartsheets, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and think creatively, combined with a willingness to take direction and be a team player
- Must be able to work on site in Bellingham, WA
Health, vision, dental, paid holidays, sick days and vacation
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position you wish to apply for in the subject line.
The Non-GMO Project is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including gender, race, ethnicity, veteran status, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, age, disability or national origin.