1501 N. 45th St
The Government Contracts Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the application processes for public contracts to fund the strategies Solid Ground employs to end poverty. Specifically, the Government Contracts Coordinator working closely the Department Directors and the Grants Manager and RD Director works to secure over ten million dollars in public sector grant funding in order to address programmatic and agency funding needs for Solid Ground. The Government Contracts Coordinator will track current contract renewal deadlines, vet new opportunities, coordinate applications across departments and partner with the Grants Manager and their team to prepare applications.
Essential Responsibilities, Duties & Tasks:
60% Coordinate the preparation and submission of government contract proposals to fund Solid Ground programs and services, specifically:
· Create the processes and tools necessary to track upcoming government applications, distribute application workloads and ensure strong and timely submissions. Design a chart that clearly explains decision-making roles and criteria in relations to contract applications.
· Examine new government funding opportunities and determine organizational fit. If a new opportunity exists, review with Grants Manager/RD Director and coordinate with applicable department(s) to create a clear vision and timeline for the application.
· Review existing contracts as they come up for renewal to determine what support programs need to complete a competitive application.
· Coordinate, schedule and take notes at meetings that bring together RD, Finance, and program leadership for strategy discussions on how to grow funding or change existing work to be more competitive.
· Coordinate multi-program contract submissions including preparing agency application materials and ensuring required attachments are present.
· Review state, county and city budgets to determine impact on existing contract funding or new opportunities. Partner with the Grants Manager to engage CEO, Resource Development Director or Advocacy Director to develop strategies to strengthen Solid Ground’s position in preparation for contract opportunities or to proactively respond to changes that could weaken Solid Ground’s position.
15% Partner with Finance to create systems that track budget implications for submitted, awarded and denied applications. Working with the Data Analyst, Create reports to see at-a-glance progress and to share funding stability with the Board of Directors.
10% Build strong relationships with Solid Ground program leaders to ensure understanding of program plans, goals, and outcome data. Work with the Resource Development Director and Grants Manager to build a training plan to ensure program staff who write grants have the necessary skills and background to do so. Prepare program staff for any site visits that may occur.
10% Partner with the Grants Manager and Data Team to gather information on agency programs, community needs and public issues for use in contract proposals. Coordinate development and maintenance of funding source files, including up to date information on each contract and funding source.
5% Participate in program, department and agency meetings and relevant trainings as required.
Benefits include medical, dental, short-term and long-term disability insurance, basic life insurance, 401(k) savings plan including agency contribution and match, holiday pay, generous paid personal leave package and tax-sheltered health care and dependent care accounts.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants must complete the Solid Ground application form specific to this position. To find an application online, go to https://www.solid-ground.org/get-involved/careers/