SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES:
As an integral member of the senior management team, the Director of Programs is responsible for planning, directing, evaluating, providing leadership to all program areas and advocating on behalf of victims of domestic violence in relevant community-wide policy discussions. The Director of Programs must be an experienced professional leader who exemplifies a strong sense of teamwork. They will be expected to work with the Executive Director to increase the organization’s capacity to maintain a seamless system of services and develop practices for long term relationship building with clients. The Director of Programs is responsible for monitoring grant-related program deliverables and must ensure compliance with all government and private grant contract requirements. They will represent Next Door Solutions’ vision and philosophy in community and governmental discussions relative to issues faced by victims of domestic violence.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide oversight and supervision to all program staff to ensure a seamless system of well-coordinated services.
- Ensure that programs have the resources (e.g. staff, funding, materials, physical capacity, training) needed for high level service provision.
- Monitor and refine the service delivery model as necessary to ensure compliance with organization goals/expected outcomes and contract/grant requirements.
- Assure alignment of all programs and services with Next Door Solutions’ philosophy and core competence and beliefs. Utilize Next Door Solutions’ Theory of Change in all program development and maintenance.
- Ensure implementation of all grant deliverables.
- Develop and implement a methodology for evaluating programs based on defined annual goals and objectives. Update, modify, redesign and create new programs as needed based on unmet client needs and agency’s strengths, abilities and mission.
- Ensure that the Executive Director and Sr. Management Team are kept fully briefed on all programmatic matters to ensure consistency and coordinated messaging to the internal and external community.
- With Program Managers maintain program standards, protocols and quality assurance necessary for high level service provision.
- With Program Managers foster successful prevention program that is focused on the most pressing issues with an eye toward evaluation with measurable outcomes.
- Create and foster a client-empowerment organization that nurtures women through a comprehensive relationship-building process.
- Deepen and widen collaborations with local agencies and organizations that complement the work of Next Door Solutions.
- Work with Accounting Department to ensure that all program expenditures comply with the requirements, policies and/or regulations set by the funding and contracting organizations.
Leadership & Management:
- Oversee and manage program staff utilizing the organization’s facilitative leadership approach.
- Establish work performance standard and procedures for ongoing staff progress reviews, evaluation and feedback.
- Participate with Executive Director, senior staff, and board in ensuring the integration of the organization’s values, mission, and vision into all programming and ensuring organizational health and effectiveness.
- Provide vital input in short- and long-term strategic and operational planning and positioning within the organization.
- Develop program budget with the Executive Director and Director of Finance and Operations annually.
- Help identify areas in programs and service where volunteers can be effectively utilized and work with the Managers and the Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator (who recruits and trains volunteers) for appropriate placement.
- MSW or related degree. Minimum of 5 years of management and supervisory experience in a non-profit human service environment
- Highly organized, with the ability to handle multiple priorities at once.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to act as a facilitative leader and negotiate conflict.
- Knowledge of client-centric programming and innovative approaches to crisis intervention.
- Experience with the development of outcome measurements.
- Strong team orientation and ability to motivate others and build a sense of teamwork.
- Collaborative approach with demonstrated ability to maintain partnerships and relationships with a variety of agencies and people.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver who is able to execute plans with passion.
- Experience working with a wide range of people from a diverse ethnic, social and cultural background.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
Next Door Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, age, color, disability (physical and mental, includes HIV and AIDS), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (includes religious dress and grooming), sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or request for FMLA.