Founded in 1970 by dedicated volunteers from throughout the world, the International Association for Volunteer Effort (IAVE) is the only global network of volunteer leaders – individuals, organizations and companies – that exists solely to promote, strengthen and celebrate volunteering in all of the many ways it happens throughout the world.
In anticipation of its 50th anniversary, IAVE is preparing to conduct a major research project on global corporate volunteering. The organization is currently seeking a Research Project Consultant to work with the IAVE team consisting of a Project Director and Senior Advisor plus a global network of research consultants and an advisory board. The position will also support the administration of IAVE’s peer networks focused on global corporate volunteering and disaster volunteering. This role will provide an unparalleled look into how employee volunteering takes place in many of the world’s most socially responsible companies.
The final product of the research project will be a significant update to IAVE’s report: Global Companies Volunteering Globally (2010-2011), and will provide a comprehensive review of corporate volunteering. The research will offer an in-depth look at how corporate volunteering takes place in six regions of the world: the Arab region, Asia-Pacific, Africa, Europe, North America, and South America. Special sections will address issues such as the role of technology in volunteering, the Sustainable Development Goals, volunteering in humanitarian and natural disasters, and the role of CEOs in setting the tone for corporate employee volunteer programs.
The Research Project Consultant will:
· Conduct background research on specific corporate employee volunteer programs, issues in corporate volunteering, NGOs active in corporate volunteering, and academic research relevant to the topic.
· Set up and organize a retrievable database/system to support the data collected for the research project.
· Support the scheduling of interviews and team meetings-both virtual and in-person.
· Provide overall assistance to the Project Director and Senior Advisor in managing the global team of research consultants and the project advisory board.
· Conduct background research on issues and experts relevant to the work of the Global Corporate Volunteer Council (GCVC) and the Research Working Group on Disaster-Related Corporate Volunteering.
· Conduct research on prospective member companies.
· Maintain existing members-only website as a resource for members.
The position requires a conscientious, detail-oriented person with demonstrated research skills and knowledge of corporate social responsibility and/or employee volunteering. Because the position is virtual, the project on an ambitious time schedule, and the IAVE staff relatively small and nimble, it is important that the person in this role be a flexible self-starter. The applicant should have a sensitivity and awareness of global issues and cultures, demonstrated through educational focus and/or work or study abroad. A graduate-level degree is preferred.
Founded in 1970 by dedicated volunteers from throughout the world, the International Association for Volunteer Effort (IAVE) is the only global network of volunteer leaders – individuals, organizations and companies – that…
This position will work remotely although there is a strong preference that the Research Project Consultant be located in the New York – New Jersey region and available to meet regularly with the Project Director.
Send a resume and cover letter specifying how your skills and experience meet the position requirements. Include a research/writing sample of not more than 5 pages to email@example.com.
This position will work remotely although there is a strong preference that the Research Project Consultant be located in the New York – New Jersey region and available…