Details: Members will receive a stipend amount of $14,000-$20,000 dependent on end of service date
1911 Church Street
Interested in making a difference in the lives of youth? Looking for professional development opportunities? Have you considered ways to close the opportunity gap for youth?
Youth & Opportunity United provides free after school programming in the Evanston, Skokie and Morton Grove community. We understand that while all youth have the potential to succeed, not all youth have access to resources and opportunities to do so. At Y.O.U. it is our mission to “close the opportunity gap by preparing youth for post-secondary and life success”!
Y.O.U.th Serve Members
Y.O.U. is looking for two experienced and passionate full-time members to join our middle and elementary teams from October 2018-June 2019! Members collaborate with site teams to directly serve youth in the necessary development of academic support, social and emotional learning and life skills through service member led enrichment opportunities over the course of an academic year! This position is a direct service opportunity via AmeriCorps.
- Demonstration of strong critical thinking, positivity, respect for all people and a passion for change
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work with diverse populations
- Experience working with groups of youth
- Dedication to completing a term of service for AmeriCorps
- 18 years of age or older with a minimum of a HS diploma or GED
- Offer academic support and facilitate enrichment opportunities daily during program hours
- Plan field trips as needed under guidance of program managers
- Facilitate curriculum to meet needs of youth
- Work with site teams to plan family engagement opportunities
- Develop connections and build positive relationships with youth, families, teachers and community partners.
- Understand and assist in weekly/monthly reporting structures
- Participate in cross organizational events
“Potential is universal, opportunity is not. Our job is to close the gap.” Wes Moore
- Biweekly stipend of $850.00 (dependent on end date)
- Education award upon completion of service term
- Choice of ending service term at the end of June 2019 or September 2019.
- Extensive professional development training (conflict resolution, networking, interview readiness)
- Ongoing training in youth development (facilitation, curriculum development, positive behavior supports, equity and inclusion practices)
- Career development support during and after the service term
- $300 professional development budget for external training
- Health & childcare coverage
- Assistance to apply for SNAP benefits and affordable housing
- Direct and indirect supervision from an After School Program Manager and AmeriCorps Program Manager
- Inspiring cohort-based experience in directly impacting the lives of young adults!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible; however, applications will continue to be received until the positions are filled. If you are having difficulty completing the application through the above link please contact Aina Cambridge at email@example.com.