Construction Site Supervisor
530 Route 38 East
Habitat for Humanity of Burlington County and Greater Trenton-Princeton, Inc. is striving to construct six to ten houses a year and complete multiple home repairs. The majority of the construction is done by volunteers with construction skills ranging from limited to professional level. The full time Construction Site Supervisor leads construction activities on a daily basis under the supervision of the Construction Manager and Director.
1. Safety compliance with all groups, vendors, volunteers, staff and subcontractors
2. Assist CM in ordering and arranging for delivery or pickup of building materials to the appropriate construction sites.
3. On site coordination of materials, labor, and inspections with construction stages
4. Manage selected on site volunteer supervisors.
5. Manage and coordinate volunteer labor on work site to best use of skills.
6. Supervision of partner families on the work site.
7. Work on home construction on a daily basis adhering to the construction schedules.
8. When applicable pick up permits / township construction documents.
9. Assign key volunteers to leadership roles such as the group safety coordinator
10. Must have a clean driving record.
- Procurement of material vendors and subcontractors
- Set up and break down for Fundraising and Volunteer Events as applicable
- Additional tasks requested by the Construction Manager and Construction Director.
Attitude, Skills and Knowledge
1. Able to work with large groups of volunteers and Partner Families by instructing, supervising and directing multiple construction tasks.
2. Must be enthusiastic about the HFHBCGTP mission.
3. Proficient in building skills and knowledge of home construction.
4. Knowledge of Modular Construction a Plus!
5. Two to Three years experience in Rough Framing.
Workweek: Tuesday through Saturday
Pay Rate: $15.00-$18.00 per hour (Full Time Position); must attend and pass “Competent Person” Training with Habitat for Humanity International within 6 months of hire. We are a large, growing Affiliate with opportunities for long term advancement.
Benefits: The insurance benefit package includes Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance and Life Insurance. The company Simple IRA matches up to 3%. Time off benefit package includes 12 Vacation Days and 6 Sick days per year.
Minimum Education Required