2201 Broadway Ave
Northern California Field Coordinator
Afscme Local 3299
AFSCME Local 3299 is a dynamic progressive labor union representing 24,000 University Service and Patient Care workers at the University of California. We are a member-driven union with newly elected rank and file leadership, dedicated to building a strong union to fight for our benefits, jobs and families.
We are currently seeking a Northern California Regional Field Coordinator, working out of our Central Headquarters in Oakland and reporting directly to the Local’s Statewide Field Director. The Coordinator will be responsible for the Local’s for 5 Northern UC campuses, including supervising Lead and organizing staff and overall field program.
Plan and implement worksite campaigns.
- Assist in planning and implementing (on 5 No Cal UC campuses) the Local’s statewide coordinated contract, legislative and external organizing campaigns.
- Train, develop, and direct activities of Lead Organizers and Internal and External organizers.
- Assist in planning and implementation of member education and training programs.
- Coordinate, identify, and develop worksite leaders and stewards.
- Manage lists, charts, and databases.
- Work with elected member leadership, senior leadership and staff in ongoing development and implementation of Local’s new vision and strategic plan.
- Work with the Southern California Coordinator to ensure the timely coordination, and efficiency of the Local’s statewide program.
- Must be familiar with the Southern California’s working groups for coverage in absences and overall coordination.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Ability to think strategically and work in teams.
- 3 years’ experience managing large organizing campaigns
- 2 years’ experience leading or supervising multiple staff, assignments, projects, managing timelines, and effectively using database systems.
- Experience with collective bargaining, representation preferably in the public sector and/or public higher education.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport and credibility with diverse demographic groups, and well as with professional, technical, administrative, and service workers.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- A demonstrated commitment to justice for working families, quality and affordable public higher education and quality patient care.
- A demonstrated commitment to union democracy and supporting and developing members’ voices and leadership in their
- Extended day and occasional overnight travel.
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends.
- Must possess a valid California driver's license, auto insurance with business coverage, and an automobile for business use.
- Bilingual (Spanish, Cantonese/Mandarin, Hindi) preferred
AFSCME 3299’s members are a diverse group of workers reflecting all of California, rich in gender and ethnic diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer, and strongly encourage all those qualified and interested to apply.
Benefits and field package included
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual (Spanish, Cantonese/Mandarin, Hindi) preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All interested applicants should send cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com, Statewide Field Director with Northern CA Field Coordinator in the subject line of the email.