This position is responsible for the planning, implementation and ongoing evaluation of quality and developmentally appropriate dance/movement programs, performing arts activities and special classes for members ages 6-18. Additional responsibilities include coordinating the Club''s annual performing arts event. The Performing Arts Coordinator will implement a variety of programming options, supervise members in the program area and participate in collaborative programming when appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement the quality and developmentally appropriate dance/movement programs, performing arts activities and special classes for members ages 6-18.
- Coordinate the Club''s performing arts programming/event (such as Drama Matters).
- Supervise and discipline of members participating in programs and services within the program area as well as throughout the clubhouse as deemed appropriate.
- Complete assigned BGCB program activity standards as determined each year.
- Coordinate program partners and consultants who can offer related instruction, support and guidance to members.
- Participate in program/service outcome measurement processes and other evaluations programs including BGCA''s annual evaluation Commitment to Quality.
- Secure, maintain and monitor budget, materials, equipment and other resources belonging to the program area(s). Maintain a safe and clean program area.
- Participate in individual and group supervision sessions; participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Travel between sites and to activities as needed
- Other related duties as specified by the Supervisor.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demand)
- Bachelor''s degree in a related field required; equivalent experience considered.
- Direct experience developing and delivering performing arts programs for youth.
- Experience in out-of-school time settings preferred.
- Knowledge of trends in arts programming, techniques & theory, and utilization of technology in the arts fields.
- Must be or become CPR / FA certified.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- MS Office and web competency preferred.
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work clubhouse hours, especially as seasons and service needs change.
- Valid driver''s license required.