Details: based on salary scale
11 Dupont Circle, NW
The executive assistant will work directly for the Committee’s Executive Director, and will provide support to the leadership team: Chief Operating Officer, Director of Development & Communications, and Legal Director. Responsibilities include:
• Managing calendars, including arrangement and coordination of all appointments, meetings, and calls, both internal and external, and organizing and disseminating related meeting/prep materials.
• Providing administrative and calendaring support for all Board of Directors, Trustee, Associate Trustee, and Board Committee meetings, including maintenance of contact information and records.
• Handling all in-office meeting logistics, including coordination of technological support/setup and, when necessary, catering. Ensuring that external meeting logistics are coordinated timely.
• Arranging travel and preparing itineraries and associated material, as needed; compiling and processing expense reimbursement forms in a timely manner.
• Supporting human resources processes, including scheduling/coordination of interviewing, onboarding/exit interviews.
• Providing administrative assistance and support, including records filing, retention, and disposal.
• Coordinating reception desk coverage when needed.
• Minimum three years’ relevant experience preferred.
• Highly organized, and able to manage multiple priorities effectively.
• Bachelor degree preferred but not required.
• Detail-oriented and both a self-starter and team player.
• Proficiency in MS Office required, proficiency in MS Office 365 desired.
• Prior experience working in a non-profit environment and/or working with attorneys will be favorably considered;
• Interest and/or experience with human/civil rights issues a plus.
health & dental insurance (85/90% employer-paid premium); optional vision insurance; transportation benefit; retirement plans; short-term and long-term disability; generous leave policy
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a letter detailing your interest, resume, and list of three references to: email@example.com. Please place “[your name] – Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled.
The Washington Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is an essential component of the Committee, and we encourage all qualified persons to apply. Applicants are accorded an equal opportunity for selection without regard to actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, personal appearance, matriculation, or political affiliation.