At City Parks Foundation (CPF), we are dedicated to invigorating and transforming New York City parks into dynamic, vibrant centers of urban life through sports, arts, community building, and education programs for all New Yorkers. Our programs -- located in more than 400 parks, recreation centers, and public schools across New York City -- reach 300,000 people each year.
- CityParks Shows brings hundreds of live music, dance and theater performances to communities throughout New York City’s five boroughs. The SummerStage festival presents over 100 free performances and benefit concerts each year in 16 parks throughout the city, ranging from American pop, Latin and world music to dance, spoken word and theater. The Swedish Cottage Marionette Theatre, home to one of the last public marionette companies in the US, presents modern takes on classic fairy tales, and the traveling PuppetMobile presents family-friendly puppet shows and workshops outdoors around the city, free of charge.
- Partnership for Parks is a unique public-private partnership between CPF and NYC Parks that supports and champions neighborhood volunteers by giving them the tools they need to advocate and care for their neighborhood parks and green spaces.
- CityParks Learn environmental education programs help students experience the fun of science, while learning about their relationship to the natural world and the ways in which they can protect our natural environment. We provide environmental science programs for elementary, middle and high school students throughout New York City, serving nearly 3,000 kids through school-day, afterschool and summer programming, as well as credit-bearing training and paid internships for teenagers.
- CityParks Play activates New York’s neighborhood parks with free sports programs for kids, including tennis, soccer, golf, track & field, and multi sport instruction, as well as fitness classes for seniors. We help New Yorkers stay active and healthy, discover new sports, and make new friends.
Our ethos is simple: we believe thriving parks mean thriving communities.
Ushers are responsible for providing excellent customer service to guests throughout our venue in Central Park. Ushers are assigned various positions throughout the venue including: ticket scanning, guest list check-in, VIP/Membership hospitality, seating assistants, and greeting/escorting at the entrance. Assigned positions vary from show to show.
Usher responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet guests as they enter the venue and designated VIP areas
- Politely escort guests to their appropriate ticketed seating areas
- Assist and escort patrons with disabilities
- Answer audience questions regarding the venue, venue policies and amenities, performers and performance schedules
- Act as ambassador for the organization, answering questions for visitors about the Festival and CPF
- Assist the Box Office staff by scanning guests’ tickets and ensuring count accuracy
- Assist in guest list management by checking in guests and maintaining check-in areas
- Manage audience flow within the venue and VIP areas including implementing venue policies and credential requirements
- Attend pre-event meetings and other training as assigned by the manager
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have completed a minimum of one (1) year in college and/or one (1) year of employment experience
- Prior customer service and/or music venue operation experience preferred
- Knowledge of City Parks Foundation and/or SummerStage a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Maintain a professional, neat and well groomed appearance
- Extremely dependable punctual, detail-oriented and organized
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors, and in all types of weather
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability and willingness to work evening and weekend hours
- Demonstrate good judgement and a professional demeanor
Interested parties should submit cover letter and resume online at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include information on where you heard about this position. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Thank you for your interest in City Parks Foundation, an equal opportunity employer. Only potential candidates will be contacted. No calls, please.
City Parks Foundation is committed to ensuring the safety of the staff, audiences and communities we serve. City Parks Foundation is in compliance with all state and city Covid-19 guidelines.