3160 De La Cruz Blvd.
Title: Administrative Assistant
Schedule Type: Full-Time
Areas of Focus: Scheduling, communications, bookkeeping, general office management
Location: Santa Clara, CA
The Position/Role: CAIR San Francisco Bay Area is looking for a passionate and detail oriented individual to fill the newly created Administrative Assistant position. Join one of the most dynamic teams serving the American Muslim community.
Time Commitment: Full-time with evenings and weekends required for presentations and community outreach events.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Handle day to day communications and scheduling for the Executive Director and other managerial employees
- Answers and routes calls, takes messages, sorts and delivers mail, responds to or routes e-mail inquiries, and greets office visitors
- Proofreads reports and written documentation
- Process payments and donations, maintain CRM database, and general data entry
- Maintain paper and electronic filing system
- Handle basic bookkeeping responsibilities
- Order office supplies as well as track and maintain inventory
- Setup office equipment such as phones, copier, and projectors
- Produce reports for internal team meetings
- Make travel and lodging arrangements for team members
- Other duties as assigned
All CAIR staff are required to assist in general duties such as answering phones, weekly outreach, fundraising, and other office tasks.
- Highly motivated, self-initiating, and energetic
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact, and WordPress
- Minimum of two years relevant work experience
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects with limited time
- Excellent oral and written communication to interface with media professionals, community leaders, volunteers, donors, and staff in a professional and effective manner
- Experience with and proficiency in public speaking before diverse audiences
- Access to a working vehicle and the ability to drive throughout Northern California for events and outreach in an on-demand capacity
- A strong commitment to civil rights and CAIR’s mission
This position reports to the Executive Director and Operations Director.
- Experience working with the American Muslim community
- Experience working with non-profit organizations
- Conversational proficiency in Arabic, Farsi, or Urdu
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience
- Generous benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, pension matching program, holidays, vacation, and sick leave
Level of Language Proficiency
Conversational proficiency in Arabic, Farsi, or Urdu (Preferred)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send (1) a cover letter discussing your interest in the position, (2) your resume, and (3) the names and contact information of three references, to: email@example.com with the subject line, “Administrative Assistant”.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority given to applications received by April 30, 2018.
- CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.