Details: Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience. Graland provides an excellent compensation package of benefits. Professional development, including pursuit of advanced degrees, is strongly supported.
55 Clermont Street
Graland seeks an exceptional candidate to join the school’s marketing and communications team. The incumbent’s primary responsibility will be to support Graland’s internal/external digital presence and marketing efforts. Responsibilities are diverse, from management of the website (internal and external), to online marketing and social media, and to the introduction of new initiatives. The ideal candidate thrives on being a part of a community and working as a part of a team. We seek an adaptable, detail-oriented, innovative self–starter.
Position reports to: Associate Director of Marketing
Status: Full-time, exempt
The following list is not comprehensive of all tasks of the position, but serves as a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities.
Website Content Management:
- Manage all elements of graland.org and its affiliated intranet, ensuring site meets communications objectives whether being used as a marketing tool for prospects or as a content provider for the community. Includes building new webpages, managing and updating content, sourcing photos, setting up online tools, building event registration forms, performing site testing and seeking approvals prior to publication.
- Understand website strategy and stay current with UI/UX best practices, in order to make recommendations for website architecture, design, and content strategy, including integration of video.
- Evaluate performance of website utilizing web analytics software and make recommendations for increasing effectiveness.
- Work with all departments and groups, including instruction, admission, development, athletics, alumni, parent, board and other constituents in creating digital project plans and strategically developing their web presence.
- Provide training, set up and assistance to internal CMS users; this includes managing images, videos and documents and blocks, optimizing pages and clean-up as needed.
- Optimize website for SEO and ensure all page content is optimized for search.
Online Marketing and Communications:
- Design and send emails and newsletters to various communities.
- Recommend, develop and execute plans for paid online marketing via search, social media and other online opportunities as appropriate. Analyze and evaluate participation for future optimization.
- Support team with social media participation on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram and others as added.
- Be familiar with updates and trends in online media in order to suggest new opportunities for marketing and communications.
- Manage website placement on all major search engines and school listing/review directories; maintain directory content and adjust web presences to increase placement.
- Develop a full understanding of the Graland brand and how to communicate its essence online.
- Assist and support emergency closing/schedule notifications.
- Manage the photography and videography of events on campus including working with parent volunteer photographers. Prepare photo and video files for website by completing basic editing and uploading files to website and YouTube.
- Manage media and content on both website and internal server, maintaining organizational and archive structure.
- Ability to support light graphic design work preferred.
- Provide troubleshooting and user support for website and other digital communication platforms.
- Other duties as assigned or as needed to support team.
- Contributing member of four person marketing/communication department, as well as frequent collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Service-minded, fulfilling internal and external customer needs, while cultivating meaningful professional relationships.
- Willingness to be an active participant in school community helping to enrich student learning and experiences.
- Be a collaborative and supportive member of the Graland Community who…
- Models caring, respect, patience, and appreciation of differences
- Provides a safe environment for students
- Upholds school, employee and family confidentiality
- Represents school in position and in community – understands
voice of school
- Participates in effective communication that is responsible, descriptive, and nonjudgmental
- Adheres to all school policies and procedures
- As needed offers support during after-hours
- Likes to work with people and create solutions
- Minimum of four to five years’ experience with managing website content.
- Experience with content management systems (Blackbaud preferred).
- Possess basic CSS and HTML knowledge.
- Basic Adobe Suite skills preferred.
- Experience with management of search and social media marketing campaigns.
- Analytical skills and ability to produce reports using Google Analytics.
- Demonstrates a growth mindset open to feedback and new learning.
- Resilience to successfully manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Exceptional project management skills that engage others in process and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously with limited direction while using intuition and experience to identify and escalate items that might have a larger cross functional impact.
- Moderate skills in using digital camera, video camera, and video editing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Extremely resourceful and creative, able to innovate and implement new ideas.
- Passion for staying updated on new technology solutions and trends in online media.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
A great school never sits still. It keeps going, growing and evolving. Graland Country Day School is an independent school in Denver that serves students in preschool, kindergarten, elementary, and middle school. Since the school’s founding in 1924, Graland has delivered an intellectually robust, character-based educational experience derived from current research about how children learn.
While the world has changed since our founding, one concept has been a constant: Graland is faithful to the enduring aspects of its mission while seeking new ways to promote character and intellectual excellence. We inspire students to pursue excellence with passion and intent - academically, creatively and in their personal growth as engaged citizens and thoughtful leaders. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our program and keep it relevant for the next generation of students. Guided by our mission, values, and strategic plan, we go to extraordinary lengths to give children the best education possible.
Our current enrollment totals 700, and we have 103 faculty members, 70 percent of whom have advanced degrees. Graland’s faculty and staff enjoy a collaborative, supportive environment where each member is encouraged to be a lifelong learner. Professional development, onsite childcare, a desirable location in the heart of Denver and other benefits make Graland a dynamic, inclusive and innovative workplace.
Achieve intellectual excellence,
build strong character,
enrich learning through the arts and athletics,
and prepare our students to be
engaged citizens and thoughtful leaders.
Minimum Education Required