2180 3rd Avenue
The Brookdale Center on Aging at Hunter College strives to improve the lives of older adults through research, policy, and professional development. We provide workforce education and professional development services, including designing, conducting and evaluating training on issues related to aging and the life course.
We are seeking a smart, enthusiastic, flexible, and focused person to work as a Writer.
The successful candidate will have a Master’s degree (or, have a Bachelor’s degree and significant experience) and outstanding writing skills, including developing complex, interdisciplinary projects involving multiple constituents. Must have a strong work ethic and the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external partners. We seek someone who is highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work independently and under pressure on multiple deadline-driven projects.
- Must have knowledge in one or more of the following areas: aging and life course, aging services and elder justice.
- Must write exceptionally well and have curriculum development and grant writing experience and skills.
- Must be able to design and develop curricula and training materials for human service professionals, supervisors and managers.
- Must be able to research and write grants; and write reports, presentations and other materials.
- Must be able to conduct literature and other evidence-based research on issues and opportunities relevant to aging and vulnerable adults.
- Must have a fundamental understanding of adult learning theory and instructional design
- Must be able to identify and assess key demographic, human services and community health issues, trends, and needs.
- Must be able to develop and implement a system to keep curricula and other materials updated and relevant
- Must have strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to create and execute project timelines.
- Experience and a track record of success with dual reporting structures is a plus.
Candidates should have knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft applications including: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Bilingual candidates with fluency in Spanish are preferred. Flexible schedule: some travel is necessary.
Full major medical, pension, 3 weeks vacation per year
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual candidates with fluency in Spanish are preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply using the link above, if that doesn't work please copy and past on your URL