Urban Arts Partnership is looking for highly-motivated, organized, and supportive Teaching Artists with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with students in a public school setting. These imaginative and collaborative individuals will design and lead arts integrated programming as an approach to empowering student achievement. Urban Arts Partnership is seeking Teaching artists in the following art forms:
● Digital Video
● Digital Media
● Music/Sound Production
● Photography/Graphic Design
● Visual Art
● Arts Integration
● Creative Writing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Commit to teaching all assigned sessions within the 2021-2022 school year (September – June).
● Develop curricula for and teach arts programs that are informed by Urban Arts Partnership’s methodology and city and state academic and arts standards.
● Submit Unit or Lesson Plans as necessary.
● Schedule and complete weekly co-planning meetings with co-teachers (for Integration programs).
● Serve as a positive role model and uphold professional behavior.
● Ensure the physical and emotional safety of children in accordance with program policies and procedures.
● Collaborate constructively with coworkers, and communicate regularly with supervisory staff.
● Lead grade specific group instruction in accordance with the curriculum.
● Plan and facilitate purposeful and engaging activities and group projects.
● Participate in Urban Arts Partnership meetings and staff development activities as required.
● Assist in planning major projects and culminating events.
● Follow and respect the school culture, protocol, and policies.
● Create end of semester and end of year presentations of student work, involving parents when possible.
● Attend administrative duties such as timesheet submission and end of residency reports.
● Provide administrative documentation as needed.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
● Strong background in arts-education; commitment to and understanding of arts-integration as an approach to empowering student achievement.
● Experience in developing, adapting, and implementing curriculum.
● Strong communicator; a capable multi-tasker and proven troubleshooter
● A dedicated team player who is able to take initiative and work independently.
● Ability to cultivate strong relationships with school communities.
● Ability to receive and process deliveries of materials weighing up to 25 lbs
● A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with public school students in grades K-12.
● Familiarity with the New York arts education community and the non-profit sector.
● Must be able to complete and pass an NYC DOE background check
● Willingness to travel.
Teaching Artists will be expected to work in-person within a UAP partner school site starting September 2021. As a contractor of the New York City Department of Education, all school-based UAP employees will be expected to follow the City’s evolving guidelines and requirements regarding COVID-19 vaccinations.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com with “Teaching Artists” in the subject line.
UAP is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities, and/or people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Urban Arts Partnership is looking for highly-motivated, organized, and supportive Teaching Artists with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with students in a public school setting. These imaginative and…