186 E. 123 Street
Groove With Me, Inc. is a youth development organization using free dance classes and performance opportunities as a tool to instill in young women the leadership, pride, spirit of cooperation, creativity, joy and discipline needed to confront the adversity in their daily lives and throughout their future development. The program seeks to decrease teen pregnancy, truancy, crime, violence, prostitution, substance abuse and gang related activity by nurturing youth, building self-confidence, offering positive choices, and providing a safe place to go.
We serve 400 girls in East Harlem.
We are looking for an energetic, compassionate, and experienced team player. Groove With Me is an ever growing and evolving organization that requires an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to wear many hats.
- Monitor progress and negotiate changes with stakeholders
- Ensure administrative records and data collection are timely and high quality
- Use data to monitor and improve program quality
- Coordinate special topic workshops
- Providing support to our department staff and participants
- See that daily program is in alignment with our overall agency’s administrative activities
- Manage key vendor relationships
- Work with staff to develop systems to ensure consistent, high-quality project management
- Enhance, flesh out, and implement organizational vision
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director
- Create art-based curriculum
- Develop strong relationships with students, parents, teachers
This is an excellent job for an artist, counselor, activist, someone interested in Arts Administration, children, dance, and/or after-school programming.
- Fluency in Spanish required
- Ability to adapt; encourage openness, flexibility and creativity in meeting programmatic and regulatory needs
- Outstanding collaborator and consensus builder
- Flexible, multi-tasker who can handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong commitment to personal and professional development
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM extremely helpful
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills, and desire to help others
- Ability to encourage adherence to and enforce policies for all students, parents, and other stakeholders
Health & Dental
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish and English required
Minimum Education Required