208 West 13th Street
The New York State LGBT Health & Human Services Network (The Network) is a coalition of 72 LGBT-specific non-profit organizations that provide care to LGBTQ New Yorkers and our families. The Network is administered by The LGBT Community Center and consists of eight committees and an advisory board, which collaborate, share resources, and determine strategies to advocate on behalf of LGBTQ New Yorkers. The Network Operations Associate will strengthen and build the processes of The Network, including providing administrative support around communications, meeting planning, in-person events, and digital campaigns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– In consultation with the Director of The Network, assist in the coordination of The Network’s services and operations, including program activities and reporting functions.
– Assist in the coordination and execution of conference calls, The Network’s all-member, advisory body, and committee meetings, including scheduling, taking minutes, and keeping attendance.
– Maintain The Network’s communication mechanisms, including email listservs, announcements, calendars, and databases of members’ contact information.
– Maintain records of The Network members’ participation. Maintain communication with and re-engage members with low participation.
– For The Network’s in-person events (such as the technical assistance conference, retreat, and advocacy events), coordinate meeting space and accomodations, order supplies, and plan logistics.
– Monitor and compile The Network’s social media, marketing, campaign, and outreach data.
– Coordinate plans and logistics for site visits to The Network’s member organizations across New York State.
– In collaboration with the Communications department, source content and post on social media, in alignment with The Network’s communications strategy.
– Prepare and copy-edit documents, including emails, reports, press releases, and social media.
– Maintain and update educational and mobile texting campaigns, including monitoring data and outreach efforts.
– On an as needed basis, project manage short-term projects identified by the Director of The Network.
– Conduct outreach with prospective Network members and process membership applications.
– Attend departmental and organizational staff meetings, as necessary.
– Provide cross coverage for all other tasks and duties of The Network.
– Other duties as assigned.
– High school diploma or equivalent work experience; minimum two years of experience working in nonprofit organization or social services agency.
– Frequent statewide travel.
– A demonstrated commitment and strong familiarity with issues affecting transgender and gender non-conforming, immigrant and communities of color in New York State.
– Strong time management, administrative, and organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities, particularly in a non-profit setting.
– Highly organized with attention to detail.
– Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Drive, Calendar) required.
– Knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
– Comfort working in a fast paced environment with a diverse workload.
– Ability to think strategically, work independently and as part of a team, and meet deadlines.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
– A strong commitment to the mission of The Center.
Full-time, non-exempt position. Position may require evening and weekend shifts, as necessary.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please carefully review the position description and requirements as outlined in the position announcements above. Applicants must demonstrate the appropriate experience and background as described within the position announcement.
All submissions must include a cover letter stating the position of interest and salary requirements, with an accompanying resume. Incomplete submissions or those not stating a salary requirement may not be considered. Duplicate submissions are not necessary.
Materials may be submitted by email to email@example.com. For mail or fax, send to:
Center Human Resources
208 West 13th Street
New York, NY 10011
The Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion/creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, sex, age, disability or condition including HIV/AIDS, sexual orientation, gender and gender identity, military status, victim of domestic violence status or marital status. People of color, women, and transgender and gender expansive people are encouraged to apply.