372 5th Ave
826NYC is a nonprofit organization that encourages the exploration of endless possibility through the power of writing. Our program empower students with the skills to write their own paths forward, undefined by circumstance. We work to supports new and exciting approaches to writing and inspire student engagement, and to foster generations of creative writers and thinkers who together will define a better future.
The Field Trips Programs Coordinator is responsible for managing and regularly leading 826NYC’s field trips program. The coordinator works with the Director of Education to ensure that the field trips program provides an engaging and educational experience to qualifying public school classes. The coordinator is responsible for outreach and management of the field trips program, including training and overseeing volunteers and teacher outreach.
Reports to: Director of Education
Supervises: Field-trip volunteers/interns
Hours: 18-20 hours a week distributed between three weekday mornings/early afternoons
Year-Round Field Trips
- Lead imaginative and student-driven, Storytelling, Choose Your Own Adventure, and Memoir writing field trips
- Communicate with partner schools and teachers to ensure 826NYC has a robust and diverse field trips calendar, reaching schools in all five NYC boroughs
- Ability to differentiate curriculum to respond to a diversity of students’ needs, including English Language Learners and students with special needs
- Schedule and oversee the management of field trip volunteers in collaboration with the Volunteer & Programs Coordinator
- Develop, facilitate, and manage the training of field trip specific volunteers and interns
- Administer and compile evaluation data to support the tracking of field trips effectiveness and teacher satisfaction
- Manage the physical site, including opening, cleaning, and maintaining the space and program supplies
- All other duties assigned by the Executive Director
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 2 years experience working with a diverse group of youth age 6-18
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and interpersonal (in-person, written, e-mail, and telephone)
- Experience speaking in front of and leading large groups of students in an activity
- Experience working with, motivating, and supervising volunteers and interns
- Proficient with computer applications — (i.e. Microsoft office suite)
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to multi-task
- A strong work ethic, a collaborative spirit, self-starter
- A passion to improve literacy and a deep commitment to student success
- A deep passion and commitment to the mission of 826NYC
- Knowledge of current trends and issues in K-12 education, especially those related to New York City’s five boroughs
- Experience with Salesforce or similar customer relationship management systems is a plus
Hourly rate $17. Position starts late spring 2018.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates can complete the online application and submit resume and cover letter here: https://826nyc.typeform.com/to/i00tZA
No phone calls, please.