Part Time Temporary
Details: Hourly position $15/hr
New Virginia Majority (NVM) is Virginia's leading civic engagement organization mobilizing and organizing thousands of voters and residents across the state. Our year-round approach to organizing involves mass scale voter outreach, linked to ongoing community organizing campaigns and intensive leadership development. NVM is currently expanding its team. We are seeking conscious and skilled individuals with a deep commitment to social change.
We are currently seeking a Data Entry Associates in the Richmond and Hampton Roads Area. The Data Entry Associates reports to the Administrative Director. S/he will be responsible for uploading and maintaining voter registration to our data base system. Data Entry Associates will work in NVM's Voter Registration Offices. A significant focus of this work will be on Voter Registration Quality Control and entering voter records and delivering forms but will also include some work on quality control for data entry. The Data Entry Associates will also assist the Regional Field Director in developing and executing a secure system for voter registration application and make recommendation for voter registration data entry procedures.
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
- Processes voter registration or restoration of rights documents by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Sorts voter registration applications by alphabetic order and regions.
- Delivers forms to Voter Registration offices in each region
- Makes quality control calls to voter registration applicants.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Verifies entered voter registration data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data;
- Secures information of all applications.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform manual filing and scanning of voter applications and forms.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
· Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal, motivational skills, work ethic, and desire for political change are essential.
· Strong analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication, and organizational skills.
· Ability to multi-task and attention to detail.
· Background and commitment to social justice work and demonstration of strong personal commitment to NVM's mission and values.
Preferred Additional Experience:
• Familiarity with 501c3 and 501c4 non-profit management
• Prior knowledge and experience working in Virginia
• Fluency or proficiency in other languages (Spanish a plus)
New Virginia Majority is an equal opportunity employer. NVM recruits, hires, trains and promotes without regard to race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability condition or marital status. NVM hires employees based upon qualifications, experience and training required for successful performance of the job as defined in the written job description.
New Virginia Majority provides excellent benefits and monthly transportation allowances.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also state in your email if you are interested in Richmond, VA or Norfolk, VA.