Education & Outreach Specialist II (Bilingual Cantonese)
- Job posted by Children's Council of San Francisco
Details: $47,342 annually
Children's Council of San Francisco
445 Church Street
Education & Outreach Specialist II (Bilingual Cantonese)
About Children’s Council
For over 40 years, Children's Council has been the central hub for San Francisco's child care community. Our mission is to connect families to child care that meets their needs and to work with parents, providers and community partners to make quality child care and early education a reality for all children in our city. We believe all children must have high quality care and early education because their long-term success depends on it. If you want to be a child care champion in our community, we want you on our team.
Child Care Resource and Referral is the entry point for many families into Children’s Council’s services. CCR&R II Education and Outreach Specialists build community relationships and share child care information with families, child care educators and community partners. Specialists present educational workshops to groups of parents and caregivers and represent Children’s Council at outreach events and with stakeholders. Specialists also assist families one-on-one with accessing quality child care; helping them to understand their options and how to access financial assistance.
· Successful Specialists have a passion for sharing information in an engaging manner and connecting families from a diversity of backgrounds to high-quality child care that meets their needs
· You are a “people person,” with a can-do positive attitude, and you have an easy manner.
· You consider yourself an excellent communicator- you enjoy finding new ways to engage your audience.
· You are professional at all times and you manage stressful situations and conflict with grace.
· You are dogged in your pursuit of solutions when it comes to helping a client.
· You have experience working with families and enjoy meeting and serving a diverse population.
Education and Outreach
· Builds, shares, and maintains relationships with community-based organizations, social service agencies, and employers who are open to our services to share information, provide onsite referrals, and connect families with supports.
· Identifies strategic opportunities to participate in tabling in community and outreach events, in consultation with Children’s Council Communications team.
· Educates parents and stakeholder groups about child care resource and referral supports in a range of settings including; Children’s Council, partner organizations, and San Francisco employers.
· Will create and update web-based and printed materials that effectively communicate child care information, consumer education and related topics. Assist with production and translation of outreach materials in partnership with Children’s Council Communications team.
Knowledge Management and Learning
· Tracks family outcomes and regularly reflects on ways to improve services.
· Shares knowledge with and assists and learns from peers across the organization to deepen understanding of our services.
One-on-One Supports to Families
· Working one-one-one with families to provide education on choosing quality child care, child care referrals, assistance applying for subsidies, and being responsive to families through follow-up support.
· Connects families to additional services, whether at Children’s Council or in the community.
· Participates in regular rotation schedule in CCR&R room, co-location at Human Services Agency, Call Center, and other administrative duties. Provides back-up support to front desk, as needed.
Additional duties as assigned which may include individualized assignments.
· Associate’s degree (may be substituted by 5 years relevant work experience).
· Strong knowledge of child development or child care.
· Must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking Cantonese.
· At least 3 years of professional work experience (may be substituted by 1-year professional experience + Bachelor’s degree).
· Experience presenting information to groups or facilitating meetings.
· Strong oral and written presentation skills.
· Demonstrated ability to provide responsive one-to-one customer support.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate complicated process in understandable ways.
· Passion for sharing information in engaging manner and connecting families to child care that meets their needs.
· Mental acuity to perform the essential functions of this position in an accurate and timely fashion.
· Ability to sit and work at a desk while using the phone, for extended periods of time.
· Ability to speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in normal conversations and over the telephone.
· The ability to climb up to four flights of stairs, if needed.
· Manual dexterity to use a telephone, computer or any other office equipment.
· Physical agility to bend, stoop, walk, and reach overhead.
Children’s Council is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as central to our work serving the San Francisco community. We encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply. Individuals seeking employment at Children’s Council are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Benefits: Children’s Council is a family-friendly workplace offering full-time eligible employees 22 days paid vacation, 13 paid holidays, 401k with employer match, and health/dental/vision benefits upon successful completion of 30-day introductory period.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking Cantonese.
Minimum Education Required