Details: Non-Exempt position
1140 Gervais AVE
JOB TITLE: CSFP Administrative Rep and Volunteer Experience Ambassador
DEPARTMENT: Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) & Volunteer Experience
REPORTS TO: CSFP Senior Programs Supervisor
STATUS: Non-exempt (hourly)
HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours/week, variable schedule that includes some evenings and weekends:
This role serves the Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP), a federally funded program serving low income seniors. This role offers a variety of program administration, partner and client interaction, volunteer engagement, and production/operations. Responsibilities consist of overseeing CSFP Sites to ensure proper administration of the CSFP program as well as managing volunteer production of senior hunger boxes. This position will leverage high quality customer service, strong interpersonal skills, and verbal and written communication abilities, while supporting the mission of Second Harvest Heartland.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DATA ENTRY AND RECORD-KEEPING
- In an accurate and timely manner, complete all assigned aspects of the CSFP food distribution paperwork and reporting.
- Accurately maintain, enter and process CSFP client information.
- Efficiently complete and process client certifications and re-certifications as well as monthly issuance logs.
- Generate and mail weekly ineligibility letters.
- Accurately maintain CSFP records, files and the information necessary for program reporting. Store records appropriately in an organized and readily accessible manner.
PARTNER SUPPORT & CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Provide support and training for existing Site Partners, answering questions and relaying information. Visiting sites as necessary to assist or to train Site Partners and volunteers.
- Communicate with partner agencies and individual customers by phone or in writing in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Receive all incoming calls to 2HH from individuals seeking assistance; determine eligibility for CSFP, if necessary, make appropriate referrals for 211, Fare for All, local food shelf, Senior Linkage Line or other food bank questions.
- Provide CSFP clients with additional food resources by explicitly prescreening for SNAP eligibility, record and refer likely eligible clients to SNAP Outreach Team
- In a courteous and appropriate manner, work with internal staff, external agencies, and clients to facilitate the timely, organized and efficient implementation of CSFP policies and procedures and other referrals.
- This position would be primary back up in Maplewood drive-thru and occasionally at sites as needed as back up for Site Partners and CSFP Distribution/Administration Representatives.
VOLUNTEER & GUEST EXPERIENCE
- Facilitate a best-in-class volunteer experience by upholding a high standard of customer services
- Greet visitors, volunteers and groups, helping create a great first impression as they prepare for their volunteer shift
- Address ever-changing environment in a positive, highly flexible, solutions-oriented manner
- Communicate the Second Harvest Heartland story, mission, and impact to volunteer groups during the introduction/orientation each shift.
- Orient and train volunteers on packing food product, including food & physical safety and quality procedures.
- Ensure all “extras” (photos, posters, and/or special information) are completed in a professional and timely way.
- Participate in team meetings, team trainings, and all-staff events.
- Monitor and effectively utilize the Constituent Management System (Civicore) as a core business tool
- Work in close concert with both the Volunteer Engagement, Operations Team and CSFP Teams
OPERATIONS & FOOD SAFETY
- Fulfill the obligations of the Prerequisite and Food Safety Programs by participating in annual training and education, daily upkeep of assigned documents and practicing food safety through the use of SOPs and GMPs in managing the daily volunteer production.
- Follow food safety and safety regulations relating to OSHA, AIB, USDA and other company-related regulations.
- Train and supervise volunteers to repack/rework in ways that promote food safety, personnel safety and productivity.
- Set up, manage and clean-up projects by completing production log, replenishing supplies, remove empty or completed pallets, compact garbage/cardboard, etc.
- Assist with AIB and other regulatory assignments to ensure a food safe environment.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner, follow all safety rules as listed within the safety manual and comply with any additional supervisory communication relating to safety practices and procedures.
- Weigh, record and document product for inventory adjustments and traceability purposes.
- Monitor equipment and maintain daily upkeep of: pallet jacks, tape system, conveyer system, label printer, etc.
- Handle food safely and complete Servsafe Food Handler certification within the first 1 month of employment. Maintain Food Safety and Pallet Jack Certification.
- Serve as an Emergency Responder and complete company –sponsored training
QUALIFICATIONS - Applicants should possess:
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent; Preference given for some post-secondary education
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong Public Speaking abilities and outgoing personality important
- Experience with culturally diverse communities.
- Fluent in written and verbal English – bilingual abilities highly desirable (Spanish/Hmong/Russian/Karen).
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, written and verbal communication skills, flexibility, cooperative, initiative and numerical aptitude.
- Time management techniques in adhering to deadlines and balancing workload.
- Ability to operate a hand jack preferred, but not required. Training will be provided.
- Ability to recognize and respond appropriately to situations requiring follow-up of further action.
- Proven knowledge and ability in general data base management, data entry, spreadsheet, mail merge tasks and word processing using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and other database programs.
- Current driver’s license and good driving record with a minimum of one year of experience.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to sit at a desk or computer for extended periods up to 8 hours.
- Ability to stand for extended periods up to 2 hours and complete repetitive tasks
- Operate warehouse equipment: shrink-wrap machine, pallet jack, etc.
- Ability to push and pull pallets with manual pallet jack.
- Must be able to work in refrigerated areas (cooler and freezer) as needed
Second Harvest Heartland offers a competitive benefits package to include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – to accrue up to 160 hours per calendar year.
- 3 medical plans to choose from
- Dental plan
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Vision plan
- Voluntary Accident Insurance
- 403b retirement plan:
- 4% employer base contribution
- Up to 2% employer match with 4% employee participation
- Company paid benefits to include:
- Base life insurance
- Base AD&D
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in written and verbal English – bilingual abilities highly desirable (Spanish/Hmong/Russian/Karen).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please visit www.2harvest.org. Click on About Us and then Careers. Click on job title to apply.
Second Harvest Heartland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.