Details: Eligible for bonus
330 John Carlyle Street
Who we are:
The Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine (AAIM), a professional membership association which represents a consortium of five academically focused specialty organizations within departments of internal medicine at medical schools and teaching hospitals, has an opening for a Marketing Manager. Located in the Old Town section of Alexandria, AAIM is convenient to the Blue and Yellow Metro lines. To learn more about our organization, please visit us at www.im.org
What this job is about:
The Marketing Manager is responsible for writing, editing, producing, and disseminating digital and print marketing materials for all Alliance information and initiatives. This position is instrumental in increasing member awareness and engagement, presenting AAIM products and services to a broad audience, maintaining and growing a strong brand identity, and developing and implementing future marketing strategy.
· Create and send email campaigns and e-newsletters using email marketing software system (Informz/ Higher Logic)
· Develop print marketing materials to support Alliance conferences and member engagement products
· Generate and propose ideas for new marketing and communication products, collaborates with teams to engage in creating such products, and manages efforts to launch new programs
· Manage conference signage and onsite deployment
· Develop annual report
· Edit and proofread materials produced by AAIM staff
· Write and maintain the AAIM Style Manual and Alliance Branding Guidelines
What is required for this job:
· Minimum 3 years of experience including writing, editing, email development, print production, and project and vendor management
· College degree in Marketing, Communications, or English preferred.
· Foster and build relationships within all levels of the organization to develop content transfer, marketing strategy, marketing product development, and oversight.
· Organized, self-directed, detail and deadline oriented.
· Strong skills at developing and managing timelines and garnering content for multi-year tactical campaigns.
· Significant contact with vendors to manage content, graphic design, production, and dissemination of marketing and communication vehicles.
· Adapt quickly to new information, requirements, and priorities.
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills
· Ability to travel 5- 8 days per year for conferences.
· Advanced proficiency using MS Office required.
· Informz/ Higher Logic experience a plus.
What you will get out of it:
· Develop your project management, communication, and budgeting skills
· Insight into academic internal medicine
· Work with committed and dedicated professionals in a collaborative and high performing environment
· Professional development opportunities to grow your career
· Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, EAP, 403(b) retirement plan with a 7% contribution after one year of service, generous leave policy, onsite parking, and more!
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required