5515 Security Lane
We are looking for a full-time, entry-level Grassroots Marketing Associate to recruit, register, and coordinate fundraising activities for our Play4TheCure and Arts4TheCure programs. This is a great opportunity for recent college graduates looking to begin their career working for a great cause while learning valuable, marketable skills!
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Actively recruit sports teams (youth, high school, college and club) to register and host Play4TheCure fundraising events
- Actively recruit students to utilize their talents and skills in the areas of fine arts and/or performing arts with Arts4TheCure
- Manage all inbound and outbound communications with existing teams/individuals via telephone and email
- Work with teams and individuals through registration process, setting up of online donation pages, sharing best fundraising practices, and community outreach
- Cultivate relationships with donors and school administrators
- Assist with Play4TheCure social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Update Play4TheCure/Arts4TheCure web content
- Provide administrative support for large scale events
· Personable, excellent phone presence, comfortable reaching out to new prospects
· Strong writing and editing skills – able to communicate professionally via email as well as creatively for recruitment campaigns. Will also need to occasionally draft web copy and assist in editing other organizational materials.
· Should possess a good social media aptitude and manage multiple accounts with minimal supervision
· Quick learner, takes direction and receptive to constructive criticism
· Basic knowledge of Excel, able to learn new software systems and consistently follow documentation procedures. Experience with InDesign, Photoshop or Word Press a plus
- BA/BS in marketing, communications or related field (Other majors also welcome)
· Sports fan/arts enthusiast a plus! The ideal candidate is a former athlete, performer or has a strong passion for sports and/or the arts.
Play4TheCure is a fundraising platform for the National Foundation for Cancer Research (NFCR) which provides funding worldwide to the best scientists to enable cutting edge research that other large cancer organizations can’t and won’t fund. Play4TheCure inspires young athletes and their teams to leverage their passion for sports to “Play4” loved ones affected by cancer and encourages them to actively participate in working to fund cancer research to make a difference.
Inspired by Play4TheCure, Arts4TheCure is the official fine arts and performing arts fundraising platform of NFCR, It’s not just about one color ribbon, we play for ALL CANCERS, ALL COLORS, ALL ARTS.
The National Foundation for Cancer Research is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides scientists in the lab the funding they need to make game-changing discoveries in cancer treatments, detection, prevention and ultimately, a cure. NFCR has distinguished itself from other organizations by emphasizing long-term, transformative research that is overlooked by other major funding sources.
With the help of more than 5.2 million individual donors over the last 45 years, NFCR has delivered more than $360 million in funding to public education and cancer research leading to several important, life-saving discoveries.
Our office is located in North Bethesda, MD – blocks from the White Flint Metro. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are recommended to submit any projects/portfolios that can help demonstrate your experience or competency. We would like the candidate to start on as soon as possible to accommodate the busy Fall season.