415 South Street
Brandeis University seeks to hire a Director Employee and Labor Relations, and Compliance to assist in planning, organizing, and directing Human Resources operations. S/he will work closely with the Vice President, and other human resources management staff, in developing, streamlining, implementing and maintaining policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, a team player with the ability to work independently, with minimum instruction, while leading a unit of HR professionals. In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge in the following areas: employee/labor relations, employee engagement, conflict resolution, affirmative action, Title IX and Title VII, compliance, risk management, trend analysis, training, and change management.
Examples of Key Responsibilities:
60% of time
- Gathers, develops, track, reviews and analyzes data and reports in order to maintain compliance with internal and external policies, laws, and procedures;
- Analyzes data to determine community and operational needs – monitor and assess outcomes through the establishment of a dashboard;
- Identify, recommend, assist, and conduct internal audits of all HR related areas to ensure departmental and regulatory compliance, as well as appropriate alignment with the University’s mission and strategic plan;
- Participates in the development and implementation of HR systems, policies, and procedures in support of the University’s mission;
- Serves as the Compliance Officer and Acting Deputy Title IX Coordinator;
- Counsels and coaches administrators and staff on human resources policies and procedures, assists non-unionized staff and administers with interpretation of collective bargaining agreement language;
- Identifies potential problems and resolves and/or recommends solutions including the appropriate course of action;
- Serves as one of the three (3) hearing officers for grievances and represents the University in arbitration proceedings in the absence of the Vice President of Human Resources;
- Assists, develops, and/or facilitates educational or informative sessions for administration and staff;
40% of time
- Assists the HR management team with the restructuring of the onboarding process and manages the off-boarding process – including but not limited to, staff exit interviews, involuntary terminations, and etc.;
- Stays current on local, state and federal legislation affecting employment and labor law;
- Assists in developing a culture of inclusivity and awareness;
- Demonstrates ongoing sensitivity to diversity and a commitment to inclusive excellence – encourage and support diverse views and approaches by developing, maintaining, and enhancing programs that support diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Demonstrates excellent leadership skills including; superb communication and consultative skills, delivery of results, partnership and team building skills;
- Provides support as required on special projects and performs additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Communication, Business Administration, or related field; Master’s degree preferred;
- Five (5) or more years of experience, with a minimum of three (3) years of supervisory responsibilities;
- Strong knowledge of related federal and state rules and regulations;
- Excellent project management skills including successful leadership of projects from planning phase through completion;
- Experience working effectively with diverse groups, including faculty, staff, students, consultants, federal, state and local agencies, auditors, and community groups.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft and Workday applications a plus;
- Experience working in higher education or a complex organization is highly desirable;
- Bi- or multi-lingual;
- PHR/SPHR certified.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume as a single document at
http://www.brandeis.edu/humanresources/jobs/external.html. Elect option for "New Applicant". Sort the job listing by clicking the Job ID column heading. Locate the desired job listing. Click the job title and then Apply Now.
Brandeis University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled individuals, and eligible veterans to apply. It is the policy of the University not to discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other legally protected category
Minimum Education Required