Details: Fulltime hourly position at $20 - 24/hr, depending on experience
127 West 127th Street
Harlem Grown is seeking an experienced, responsible and organized manager to oversee our intensive in-school programming at four Harlem elementary schools and one middle school. Our in-school programming includes a Food & Farming curriculum for grades K to 3, daily mentoring in the cafeteria, and management of a school garden at each elementary school. The Manager will report to the Program Director and supervise a team of two full-time educators, two to four mentors, two Food Corps service members, and one to two mentors-in-training.
- Develop and implement Harlem Grown’s in-school programming with the school program team, ensuring alignment with organizational mission, goals, and resources
- Oversee program budgets and spending, ensuring responsible management of funds and clear tracking of all expenditures, including POs, reimbursement requests, and expense reports
- Provide supportive supervision and guidance to school program team of up to ten staff, working closely with the Program Director to hire, train, and provide professional development to the team
- Collaborate and guide education team to develop and improve school curriculum
- Work closely with HG agriculture team to ensure that HG staff are helping to maintain, grow, and beautify each school garden
- Develop and track outputs, impact metrics, and other evaluation tools to guide management decisions, and to inform various stakeholders, including funders
- Act as a liaison with each school administration, and as an ambassador for Harlem Grown in our schools
- With support from Operations Director, develop and renew MOUs and Agreements with each school, providing transparency and mutual understanding of project goals and responsibilities of each party.
- Serve as a role model for youth and reinforce Harlem Grown’s values of honesty, respect, and responsibility
- Three years experience in education, mentoring, or related youth development field
- Two years of supervisory experience, preferably overseeing education, out of school time, or other youth development program teams
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong leadership and management skills, including the ability to develop productive working relationships with a variety of internal and external individuals and groups
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm, passion, patience, flexibility, and high-energy
- Proficiency in Google Apps, MS Office and basic understanding of IT and data systems
- Knowledge of urban farming, gardening, or nutrition, a plus
- Advanced degree in education or youth development, a plus
- Bilingual in English & Spanish, a plus
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- Paid holidays
- Health Insurance *subsidy information will be provided to applicants
Level of Language Proficiency
- English fluency required
- Conversational Spanish, a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “School Program Manager -” followed by your first and last name in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Priority will be given to applications received by August 8. Please, no calls.