About Family Promise
Family Promise is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization working to prevent and end homelessness. Our holistic, community-based approach to helping families achieve stability makes us unique. We provide a comprehensive set of solutions through prevention, shelter, and stabilization services. Our organization is comprised of more than 200+ Affiliates in 43 states and engages 200,000+ volunteers nationwide. Since our inception in 1988, we have served more than 1 million people — over 177,000 family members annually. In 2020, Family Promise was awarded Charity Navigator’s coveted 4-star rating for its eighth consecutive year, a top distinction from America’s largest independent charity evaluator. Only 6% of charities achieve this honor.
Family Promise’s Core Values reflect the guiding principles that our team practices in their daily service to families in need:
- Hospitality – Family Promise is more than shelter — we are hospitality in action. Our 200,000 volunteers nationwide are companions to families, sharing meals, community connections, and compassion so families can focus on achieving their goals.
- Empathy – Family Promise provides highly individualized, person-centered, trauma-informed care. Empathy is at the center of all we do, and we take the time to understand all perspectives. This ensures we deliver excellent service to our guests and maintain a productive and enjoyable work environment.
- Community – Family Promise builds bridges among neighbors, bringing together existing resources to fulfill our mission. The relationships between family members, volunteers, and staff are transformative and power a national movement of communities committed to solving the crisis of family homelessness.
- Dynamic – Family Promise is a dynamic organization, taking a holistic approach to ending family homelessness. Our services, advocacy, and leadership are nimble and future-focused, providing customized and evolving solutions.
- Innovation – Family Promise is innovative and entrepreneurial. Our 200+ Affiliates create original programs in response to local needs. These grassroots initiatives are replicated in communities of all shapes and sizes across the country.
- Empowerment – Family Promise empowers all stakeholders – family members, volunteers, donors, community members, businesses, and government officials – to effect change in their communities so families can achieve economic stability and children can access a brighter future.
Overview of the Position
Family Promise is seeking candidates for the role of Education Associate (EA). The Education Associate will report to the Education and Engagement Manager and will be responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of various educational programs. This position will work closely with the Affiliate services team and Family Promise Affiliates across the country to promote our high standards of performance and service. The EA will aid in the roll out of new training programs and implement & manage systems for awarding certificates and pushing out yearly updates of these programs.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, organized, and detail-oriented individual who is comfortable communicating and working with a variety of stakeholders, managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines, and taking initiative to shape new programs and trainings.
- Support the creation and implementation of educational programs for Family Promise Affiliates
- Assist in researching similar programs that provide in-house training and certification for federated models like Family Promise to provide insight
- Approve enrollment of Affiliate staff members, ensuring that the correct staff members from Affiliates enroll in the proper trainings
- Track attendance and completion of each of the education programs, using Salesforce
- Award certificates to those who have completed the education programs, and track when previous attendees may need to attend refresher courses
- Create and manage a system for regular maintenance and updates to the educational curriculum
- Assist the Education and Engagement Manager with talent acquisition for the trainings, both live and recorded options, and support the process of curriculum creation, i.e., organizing videos and supporting materials into easily understandable folders within SharePoint
- Support the Affiliate Services Team’s Admin with the Family Promise Virtual Classroom, focusing on scheduling and content management
- Take on additional projects as needed in line with the Education Associate’s skills and interests that support the Affiliate Services Team and Family Promise’s strategic initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1-2 years of work experience. In lieu of a bachelor's degree, relevant and/or lived experience will be considered
- Strong customer service skills; professional, conscientious, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Interest and willingness to constantly to learn and improve skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Office 365 systems: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Planner
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks, and take initiative
- Ability to effectively multi-task, and to work and make judgments both independently and in a team setting
- Superior active listening, observation, and direction following skills
- Comfort thinking analytically, and utilizing problem recognition and problem-solving skills
- Passion for Family Promise's mission: to help families experiencing homelessness and low-income families achieve sustainable independence through a community-based response
- Experience or knowledge related to working in a nonprofit setting
- Experience working in a remote setting and with remote colleagues
- Experience with and/or a willingness to review training and educational programs
- Familiarity with systems like Salesforce, SharePoint, and Mailchimp
- Comfort with training and presentation deliver, ability to instruct effectively both in-person and virtually
- Familiarity creating educational curriculum, using Learning Management Systems (LMS), using video and other additional tools
Location and Travel:
- This position can work out of the National Office in Summit, NJ, or be fully remote
- Some travel required to national staff meetings and the national conference
Family Promise provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.