14 E 60th Street, Suite 1000
A small but fast-paced New York City-based nonprofit foreign-policy organization seeks a detail-oriented, reliable self-starter to assist with planning policy discussions and conferences and to handle general office-related tasks, including conducting research online, database management, making travel arrangements, and answering telephones. The individual should be well-organized and a meticulous multi-tasker.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated to work on a variety of short- and long-term projects both independently and as part of a team. Experience with email blasts and website content management systems is a plus.
Key roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management and maintenance of the organization’s Salesforce database.
- Membership management.
- Coordination of Board and Annual Member Meetings.
- Support of the annual Gala.
- Management of the ACG’s internship program.
- Event planning and coordination, including logistics (space and refreshments) and invitations/attendance tracking.
- Support of the annual Young Leaders Conference (selection process as well as travel and conference logistics).
- Support of national outreach efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Database management experience – preferably Salesforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and editing skills.
- Organization and project management experience, with a proven ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Website maintenance skills are highly desirable.
- German language skills are a plus.
- Interest in and commitment to the mission of the American Council on Germany.
Ideal starting date: June 2018
Level of Language Proficiency
German language skills are a plus.
Minimum Education Required