5 Pennsylvania Plaza
PRIMARY FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The Executive Assistant to COO will provide executive and project support to the COO and Program Operations team.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as project coordinator and assistant to the COO.
- Serve as point of contact between departments agency wide and the COO.
- Respond to inquiries with little to no supervision.
- Facilitate various internal meetings by scheduling, creating meeting agendas, note taking, providing timely meeting minutes, and appropriately following up on deliverables.
- Draft, edit, and proofread memos, correspondence, meeting materials, and presentations.
- Manage the process of collecting edits, additions, and suggestions to the agency’s Strategic Plan progress reports from various departments in a timely manner.
- Coordinate KPI data collection reporting, and internal review and analysis for the agency’s Enterprise Risk Management system.
- Process expense reports, check requests, corporate credit card statements, and review the monthly financial ledger for the department.
- Provide support to the quarterly Board of Directors meetings and various Board of Directors Committee meetings.
- Schedule and coordinate webinars and conference calls with various Covenant House site locations.
- Oversee the administration of the annual Executive Director evaluation process by coordinating directly with Covenant House sites and Board of Directors.
- Format and distribute the Site Communication newsletter.
- Coordinate the on-boarding process for Executive Director and Operations staff.
- Manage the Operations Google Drive folder and its contents by updating materials and creating and implementing a process for senior team to access.
- Maintain feedback and manage updates to the Unifying Policies.
- Provide logistical and event planning support during the convening of the agency’s directors in New York and at various CH site locations both nationally and internationally.
- All other duties as assigned by the COO and Program Operations team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong written, verbal, technological and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and independently prioritize.
- Experience with event planning and execution.
- Knowledge of homeless youth services and programming preferred, but comparable youth services knowledge acceptable.
- Ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter who enjoys working in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with an understanding of prioritization of workload and a sense of urgency in performing tasks and executing deliverables.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Google applications and have the ability to learn other web based applications and programs.
- Able to collect and organize data.
- Able to travel both nationally and internationally as needed.
- Able to interact effectively with senior management, board members, donors, and maintain utmost professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the mission of Covenant House.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services, Nonprofit Management, Business or related field is required. Master’s preferred.
- At least three years (3) of related experience providing administrative and project support.
- Experience supporting C-Suite level executives, a plus.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including;
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long-Term Disability Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Up to 4 weeks’ vacation
- 4 personal days, 13 sick days
- 11 paid holidays during the year.
- Defined contribution retirement savings plan (403b) with employer match and an annual employer contribu
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to email@example.com. Please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Covenant House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.