25 Owl Street
At CIVICUS our focus is simple: to strengthen civil society and citizen action around the world. Our global alliance of activists and organisations in 175 countries is inspired by our vision of a global community engaged in confronting the challenges facing humanity. We work to together for a more just, inclusive and sustainable world.
WHAT WE DO:
· Defend civic freedoms and democratic values.
· Strengthen the power of people to organise, mobilise and take action.
· Empower a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society.
HOW WE DO THIS:
· Build solidarity among civil society across borders and at scale
· Support civil society to connect with others
· Produce timely and world-class knowledge and analysis
· Advocate for open spaces and systemic change
· Amplify voices of those not usually included
· Promote the resourcing of a diverse and resilient civil society
· Innovate and incubate bold initiatives
· Promote, model and disseminate civil society best practice
Improvement and continuous support of the digital platform
- Keep content of digital platform up to date
- Create new modules and provide continuous feedback on existing ones
- Provide comments and answers for the participants on digital platform
Support of the live sessions and presentation reviews
- Review and commenting on facilitators draft presentations and plans
- Provide necessary support to the live sessions and group discussions.
Network support and continuous learning
- Preparation of periodical digital security newsletter with news and updates
- Answer technical questions from the course participants, related to the course content
Qualifications and Experience of the Consultant
The consultant will be contracted with the following desirable qualifications and experience:
- Relevant higher academic degree
- Experience working with civil society with digital security
- Responds to online communication between 24-48 hours unless prior arrangement made
The contract is expected to start in November and continue part-time through June 2019. An average of forty hours a month is expected.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit:
· A detailed CV
· Contact details of three current references
· Hourly rate
· Normal working hours in UTC
· Language(s) proficiency
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within 2 weeks after your application, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.