Under the direction of the Administrative Coordinator, the Data Entry and Quality Control Clerk is a data-focused position that provides support to all ImmDef programs to ensure contract compliance and facilitate outcome reporting.
• Entering data into internal and external databases and case management systems, including client personally identifiable information (PII), dates of legal filings, case outcomes, receipt numbers, and other case tracking data.
• Learn and develop expert working knowledge of our internal databases and management software, including Microsoft Office Suite, Cerenade eImmigration, Kintone, etc.
• Learn and develop expert working knowledge of external data management systems, business rules, and reporting requirements, including for the Unaccompanied Child Legal Services (UCLS) database.
• Conduct file audits and maintain data for services rendered to each client, checking for accuracy and correcting errors as they arise.
• Review data quality by sorting, identifying errors, cleaning and entering valid assessment data into the database for accurate client tracking.
• Assist in organizing and maintaining files and keeping records up to date, including scanning, downloading and/or uploading required case documentation into SharePoint and other case management systems.
• Work closely with IT and Management teams to ensure program data tracking deliverables are being met.
• Work closely with attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants, and case managers to audit case files and ensure missing or inaccurate data points are updated and corrected.
• Assist Directors, Managers, and the Development & Communications team in the preparation of custom data searches and reports in support of program evaluations and grant applications.
• Assist in training staff regarding data entry and management systems.
• Problem solve and make recommendations regarding data management systems and procedures.
• Help maintain procedural manuals.
• Other data processing as requested.
• Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Products; specifically, Excel, Word and Outlook, required.
• Ability to run reports and analyze data using pivot tables, formulas, and other excel tools
• Proficiency with various computer software packages, word processing and data entry.
• Must be able to type at least 40 wpm.
Data Entry & Quality Control Clerk Immigrant Defenders Law Center Created April 2021
• Ability to identity self-improvement and training needs and locate training resources online.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, be adaptable to various competing demands, follow up on work in various stages of completion and meet deadlines.
• Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also excel independently and efficiently manage time.
• Ability to take initiative, work under pressure, and resolve unexpected problems and circumstances.
• Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Ability to successfully communicate orally and via email.
• Ability to transport agency records/materials with personal vehicle.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of organization business, clients and employees.
Required Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 1 year data entry experience preferred.
• Experience using Cerenade eImmigration, Kintone, and other data management and analysis software is a plus.
• Experience working in a start-up non-profit and/or at a public interest law firm is helpful;
• Demonstrated ability to work within a high-volume, busy nonprofit or immigration law office is a plus;
• Enthusiasm for working at a progressive, start-up organization
• Passion for social justice for immigrants required
• DACA Recipients encouraged to apply!
Classification and Work Schedule
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Work schedule will be Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with flexibility required based on the needs of the organization.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications None required for this position.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. No overnight travel is expected for this position. There is, however, occasional local day travel to other ImmDef office locations. In the course of performing this job, the incumbent typically spends time sitting, walking, standing, listening/speaking, writing and operating a personal computer. Might be expected to lift and carry office records and supplies up to 25 lbs on an occasional basis.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All services are currently being provided remotely, and subject to return to in person at any time.
Under the direction of the Administrative Coordinator, the Data Entry and Quality Control Clerk is a data-focused position that provides support to all ImmDef programs to ensure contract compliance and…
Holidays and Paid Time Off
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
ImmDef provides health coverage on the first of the month following 30 days on the job.
We cover 100% of premiums for our base dental and vision plans for our staff members and 75% of base plan dental and vision premiums for their dependents. ImmDef also covers 98% of the base plan medical premiums for our staff and 73% of the base plan medical premiums for their dependents.
FSA and Dependent Care FSA
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Parking and Travel Stipend
Holidays and Paid Time Off
Health, Dental and Vision…